• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved PHP 7 on Plesk Onyx

Carloz

Basic Pleskian
Hello, I've got installed:

Plesk Onyx
Versione 17.8.11 Aggiorna #26, ultimo aggiornamento il 19/Ott/2018 21.59

My customer with wordpress platform asked me to upgrade the php server version from the actual 5.6.38 to the 7.

I see that if I click on "subscriptions" --> particular subscription --> "php settings", plesk only let me select 5.2.17, 5.3.29 etc and the latest 5.6.38 . So I can't select newer versions.

I see in the update section, in the add/remove components, that I can select only php server --> 5.1 or 5.7 (cue ball).

Why this happens? As you can see, I've got the latest plesk version installed, why I can only use the php 5 version?

Tnx

Could you please post the output of:
Code:
plesk installer --select-release-current --show-components
Install additional PHP versions using the component name from step before:
Below is an example of the command to install PHP 7.2:
Code:
plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component php72

Hello! Thank you for your fast reply! Have I to write these command on cmd panel? (I've got windows server).

Are they safe commands or is it better that I backup the server first? (for example with a vps snapshot)?

Thanks!

You have to write it at the command line.
Start a command prompt as an Administrator on Windows Server:
Right-click on Windows Start > then click Command Prompt (Admin).
Windows_start.png

or:
Click Windows Start > type cmd > right-click the Command Prompt tile > then click Run as administrator.
Command_Prompt.png

mmmm... i see that there is php 7.0 - 7.1. - 7.2 but with the voice "install". Does it mean that it is not installed yet? I want them all if it's possible, so I will choose one of them in subsciption --> php settings

Attachments

• pleskshot.png
    pleskshot.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 6
Can I install only them using command you suggested?

plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component php72

And for 7.0 and 7.1 version i suppose the command will be
plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component php70
plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component php71

?

Yes of course you can use it, if you need any further assistance, let me know.

As I asked, is it a dangerous operation? I ask you because my vps is actually hosting more than 30 websites. It's a production server. So i will do it tonight (outside office hours).

can something go wrong?

You're just installing antoher php-version. If you have any doubt or considers, do this while night-times.

You can also make a backup of your system beforehand. For the emergency, which should not happen.
From my experience, I can report that something can always go wrong, but I've never had a problem with a PHP installation.

When i try to install the php via ssh terminal it says that you are already on the latest version and cannot update what should i do

When i try to install the php via ssh terminal it says that you are already on the latest version and cannot update what should i do
What do you want to do exactly? Upgrade OS vendor's PHP version of Plesk PHP version?

What do you want to do exactly? Upgrade OS vendor's PHP version of Plesk PHP version?
no i am runing a digital ocean image of plesk on Ubuntu 22+ and i cant see the php 7.1-7.3 in available php versions to run laravel applications required that specific versions. I have two options
1 - i upgrade my laravel application which is hell of a job.
2- i install the older php version and let my application run smothly

so i tried to take the 2nd option but when i try to install additional php version it says that you are on the latest already installation will not continue.

any help!

@xainsyed
First of all, this is the section of the forum about Plesk for Windows. I advise you to create a new thread about the problem in the appropriate section of the forum.
Second, PHP 7.1 has long been in EOL status PHP: Supported Versions and is, therefore, not recommended for installation on production servers due to high vulnerability risk.

Back