• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue PHP My admin is not working

can you please suggest the right file to force install, or i have to tell you my installed phpmyadmin version??? I have plesk 12.5 and ububuntu 14.
also is there any side effect of force install on dependencies??

Hi waseem,

pls. try to understand as well, what I suggested for you here in the posts, I even marked some things in red, so that it is pretty obvious, where you especially should keep an eye on! ;)

wget ftp://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12.5.30/dist-deb-Ubuntu-14.04-x86_64/base/psa-phpmyadmin_4.6.0-ubuntu14.04.build1205160427.18_all.deb
or
wget ftp://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12.5.30/dist-deb-Ubuntu-14.04-x86_64/base/psa-phpmyadmin_4.6.0-ubuntu14.04.build1205160415.14_all.deb
or
wget ftp://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_12.5.30/dist-deb-Ubuntu-14.04-x86_64/base/psa-phpmyadmin_4.5.5-ubuntu14.04.build1205160229.16_all.deb

As you can see, the versions and version - numbers are marked in red. It is up to you, which version you choose, but I recommend the latest one, as already suggested with the examples - commands:
Examples for *.deb - installations:

cd /root/addons/plesk
  1. Simple installation: dpkg -i psa-phpmyadmin_4.6.0-ubuntu14.04.build1205160427.18_all.deb
  2. Forced installation: dpkg -i --force-overwrite psa-phpmyadmin_4.6.0-ubuntu14.04.build1205160427.18_all.deb
  3. Ignored dependencies installation: dpkg -i --force-depends psa-phpmyadmin_4.6.0-ubuntu14.04.build1205160427.18_all.deb
For more informations to the "dpkg" - usage, pls. see the manuals at for example: http://linux.die.net/man/1/dpkg ( External link, pls. inform me if the link goes dead, so I provide another working link! )

It is as well recommended, to "re-install" or "overwrite" packages with the very same version, that is already installed on your server, to avoid issues/errors/problems. To see, what package - version is currently installed, you would use the command:

apt-cache policy package-name => apt-cache policy psa-phpmyadmin

( This command even shows, if there is an update/upgrade available from the sources defined for apt-get )

As i had the latest installed so i do a normal install and got error

here is output

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

this error appeared again and again

Hi waseem,

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Actually, this error is an ancient bug, which has never been corrected by Plesk. The correct user has to be "admin" and not "root". I really wonder, when this bug is going to be corrected. :rolleyes: This issue is even appearing with the new Plesk Onyx - version ( currently in preview-state, release date in october 2016 ) and I mentioned the bug again here: => #49

But... and here comes the good news: Due to the fact that you found a bug, which is caused by Plesk - software, you have FREE SUPPORT now for this special issue. You should contact the support again and point out the issue ( related to "psa-phpmyadmin" ), with the error message and the steps to reproduce it. "Normally", your hosting - support should now forward this issue over to Plesk and Plesk should correct it ( either on your server, or by correcting the package with the error ). => Maybe @IgorG might help you here now ( or any other Plesk-Team-Member on this forum ), so that your issue can be solved more quickly, than by your hosting-support. ;)

@UFHH01 you are a great teacher, really, thanks for your help, how can i contact plesk? as one i try to chat again the scripts say i must contact reseller?

Best Regards

Hi waseem,

I already tagged "IgorG" with the "@" in front... he will see this, when he logs in the next time at the forums. "Normally", this should be sufficient, in order to "slightly force him" to answer here! :p:D:p

If, for any reason, he will not answer here, you still have to go the way over your hosting/reseller/provider, because this is the "official" way, as described above. You must understand, that there is a hierarchical structure for Plesk licences, when you don't purchase your licence directly from Plesk.

Excuse me guys, but I didn't catch when you can see this error, after what, and why do you think that it is Plesk bug? How it can be reproduced on clean Plesk 12.5 installation?

Hi IgorG,

this error can be reproduced at every psa-phpmyadmin - component installation on Ubuntu/Debian - based systems, because instead of "admin" ( and the corresponding password ), the standard "root" - user is being used in the package(s) - the MySQL - user "root" doesn't exist and therefore all tests with this users result in error - messages. I have to admit, that even with Plesk Onyx ( and the psa-phpmyadmin - version 4.6.1 - pls. see: => #49 ), this bug hasn't been corrected. :(
It has to be added, that the functionality of the database - management in Plesk isn't affected by this component - installation - bug, because Plesk itself passes the correct "admin" - user over to phpMyAdmin, I did not experience any further issues/errors/problems after the component - installation - the error - messages are only existent for the installer - test(s), because the psa-phpmyadmin - templates use the wrong user. :)

@UFHH01 do you mean that we can always see error messages like

when we install this component via Plesk installer? What exact steps I need to do to see this error message? And if I correctly understood, this error message doesn't affect Plesk functionality, right?

Hi IgorG,

when we install this component via Plesk installer?
well, the component is not listed as single plesk - component ( I assume that this is due to reverse - dependencies ):
Code:
apt-cache depends psa-phpmyadmin
psa-phpmyadmin
  Hängt ab von: plesk-base
  Hängt ab von: plesk-mysql-server
  Kollidiert mit: plesk-core
  Kollidiert mit: <plesk-core:i386>
Code:
apt-cache rdepends psa-phpmyadmin
psa-phpmyadmin
Reverse Depends:
  plesk-core

The error - messages appears on basic - Plesk - installations and at every re-installation with for example "apt-get install --reinstall psa-phpmyadmin".

And if I correctly understood, this error message doesn't affect Plesk functionality, right?
Correct.

@IgorG will this be corrected on package, i have to wait for your instructions or any support???
I can't give you exact ETA when we will fix it. But it seems problem is just cosmetic and does not affect any Plesk functionality.

@IgorG So as i want to make phpmyadmin working, how can i force reinstall it to resolve problem? as this is the only option left to do it, my all other problems are resolved now, as reinstalling and dropping database of roundcube makes roundcube working, so what can i do now with phpmyadmin or can i generate a new database for phpmyadmin??? or it can be reinstall via plesk interface???

Regards

Hi waseem,

the error message doesn't affect the installation process itself with dpkg ( it just tested it on one of my servers ). Pls. see my already posted examples and links => #19 ( hint: remember as well "--force-overwrite" ;) ). The error only affects the test procedure for phpmyadmin.

If you still experience issues, pls. remember as well, that you should really post the COMPLETE output of your used commands, in order to get suggestions/help/solutions for your issue. The more information you provide, the better will be the depending answers from people willing to help you.

Back