• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Contribution PHP Panda! Multi-PHP installer for Plesk

Hi, Works perfectly in my plesk 12.

One question:

How update this in the future?? for example when php 5.5.15 is available, how update in my plesk???

Regards!

hi,

we recently upgraded to a new server that runs plesk 12 on a centos 6.5 system (64bit). server comes with php 5.4.31 and some of our old intranet sites run on joomla 1.5.26 - so needless to say the sites are not working properly.

i found php panda :)

is it save to install it and add php 5.3 greater than version .10 to the plesk? i tried to search through atomicorp.com but it seems down? also i read that you have to pay for nucleus repo? where and how do i do this?

what are the steps to be conducted in order to install php panda and php 5.3.10?

thank you so much for your support.

hi,

we recently upgraded to a new server that runs plesk 12 on a centos 6.5 system (64bit). server comes with php 5.4.31 and some of our old intranet sites run on joomla 1.5.26 - so needless to say the sites are not working properly.

i found php panda :)

is it save to install it and add php 5.3 greater than version .10 to the plesk? i tried to search through atomicorp.com but it seems down? also i read that you have to pay for nucleus repo? where and how do i do this?

what are the steps to be conducted in order to install php panda and php 5.3.10?

thank you so much for your support.
I just updated to plesk 12 and my drupals are running ok with php 5.6 RC3 (5.6.0-13) or 5.4 from phppanda. Only 5.5 is giving me now Error 500 with "Mon Aug 11 12:38:42 2014 (11475): Fatal Error Unable to allocate shared memory segment of 16777216 bytes: mmap: Cannot allocate memory (12)"

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

I have a server winth Plesk 12 on Centos 6.5 and it has php 5.3.3 by default in Centos, so my question is if I install PHP Panda with atomic repository I will lose the default php 5.3.3 or it's a separate installation? Because I have some old webs which need this version and in case something goes wrong I don't want to have problems.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everybody,
I have a server winth Plesk 12 on Centos 6.5 and it has php 5.3.3 by default in Centos, so my question is if I install PHP Panda with atomic repository I will lose the default php 5.3.3 or it's a separate installation? Because I have some old webs which need this version and in case something goes wrong I don't want to have problems.
Thanks in advance.

I'm not an expert in linux but in my server, centos 6.5 with php5.4, in the dropdown i can select to run my sites with normal php54 or PHP Panda versions (5.2 through 5.6 RC3) as FastCGI. And my drupal works fine if I select normal PHP 5.4 from Centos.

Thanks Dote78, then if I do:
wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic |sh
yum update atomic-release
yum install plesk-php-panda
the php 5.3.3 will be intact and it won't be update, is that right?

That's what I did and that's what happened :)

Atomic php versions get installed on /opt/atomic whereas my php54 is installed on /usr/include/php. This is on a Centos 6.5 VPS on 1and1 EU (spain)

Last edited:
This is an excellent solution to easily installing multiple versions of PHP. I had no problems in following the advice in this thread, both for installation, preserving PHP 5.3.3 and enabling Zend/IonCube. Hats off to the author & contributors!
I am left with one thing that I cannot figure out. I have ffmpeg installed on the server & running fine on 5.3.3 I can't seem to get the ffmpeg.so module loaded though in any of the Atomic versions 5.4.x, 5.5.x etc The module resides alongside others in /usr/lib64/php/modules and I have tried called it both from a website's additional configuration directives & by adding an ini file for it in /opt/atomic/atomic-php54/root/etc/php.d
How do I go about using this and other such 'add-on' modules?

Appologies for not getting back to all the questions in this thread sooner! My work on atomic secured linux (ASL) takes up a good chunk of my time, so I can't get back to these forums as much as Id like.

@MislavO
Any plans for the future to support this on Debian?

Yes, we're doing builds for part of ASL on debian and ubuntu now. It will take time though, since those environements dont have a shortcut like SCL. Its doable though, it just takes more time

@MacChap
I am left with one thing that I cannot figure out. I have ffmpeg installed on the server & running fine on 5.3.3 I can't seem to get the ffmpeg.so module loaded though in any of the Atomic versions

This is a tougher problem to solve. ffmpeg, or any other .so (shared object) has to be built against the version of PHP in use. Right now what you'd need to do is recompile php and the ffmpeg extension against each php-panda version you have on the system. You wont be able to copy the so's between versions.

Long term to solve this I'm planning on a plesk extension (and cpanel as well) to install and manage 3rd party modules like ffmpeg, suhosin, ioncube, and zend.

@DonnieDoezoe
Whoaa Thanks for this!! You can have my girlfriend for a week!!

You're very welcome! My fiancee would probably be very upset with me

Scott,

Have you looked into how CloudLinux handles alt-php ?
They already have this functionality to allow the user to select his / her PHP extension.

Rather nifty for those willing to got the entire CloudLinux way.

I havent looked at it, but I imagine it works exactly the same way PHP Panda does it, using php_handler. I'm not sure about cpanel though, I havent seen anything like php_handler there. All the posts Ive found so far did it by using .htaccess files, which seems like a bad idea

It's different.
It uses CageFS (an advanced chroot env) where they swap symlinks to the php binaries and ini.
But that's something entirely different from SCL.

What might be similar is the Plesk integration.
They created a custom button 'PHP Selector' where you can then choose your alternative PHP version and which modules to load.

sQJpTtJ.png

oPSrfUw.png

Thats sort of what I was thinking, although focused on fewer modules because I am an unpaid volunteer :p. Mainly zend, ioncube, apc, eaccelerator.

Back