• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Vote Please share your opinion about Plesk PHP packages

What is your overall satisfaction rating with our PHP packages?

• 5 - Very Satisfied

Votes: 74 54.8%
  • 4 - Somewhat Satisfied

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • 3 - Neither Satisfied Nor Dissatisfied

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • 2 - Somewhat Dissatisfied

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 1 - Very Dissatisfied

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
12.5.30 Update 39
4 July 2016

• PHP 5.5 was updated to version 5.5.37.
  • PHP 5.6 was updated to version 5.6.23.
  • PHP 7.0 was updated to version 7.0.8.
  • Opening a scheduled backup task in the Plesk interface enabled the “Mail configuration and content” and “User files and databases” options for that task (PPPM-4160, PPPM-4657).
After this update, everything crashed , allmost

hi, why continius kept v5.5 as 5.6 for os vendor? becoz 7.1 is coming but i know is still in beta.

alexonb,
can you immagine that there are people running software on the server that will not work with 7.x and hence need the stable and prooven 5.x?
i anyway know such people, me including
edgar

alexonb,
can you immagine that there are people running software on the server that will not work with 7.x and hence need the stable and prooven 5.x?
i anyway know such people, me including
edgar
yep i forget the detailles: yes but had 5.6.x why 5.5.x "part of 5.x" is continued? when if the repo sources not continued principaly to 5.5.x, what did you do?

@alexonb, @Powerdynamo

All PHP versions provided with Plesk are stable releases.

When PHP code does not run properly with specific PHP versions, it simply is "bad" (non-refactored) code.

I would strongly recommend to discontinue applications that are not adapted to run properly on PHP7, since it is a clear indication of a lack of commitment to update code properly.

Regards......

I'm running into problems with custom Plesk PHP packages and the Plesk autoinstaller.

1. We want to run a newer version of ImageMagick so I have installed the rpm packages from http://www.imagemagick.org/download/linux/CentOS/x86_64 and removed the old ImageMagick and plesk-php56-imagick rpms via yum.
2. I can compile the new PHP imageMagick module using pecl and the instructions provided here: https://devblog.plesk.com/2015/08/adding-custom-php-modules-in-plesk/
3. Everything is working fine until Plesk does an update or you run the Plesk autoinstaller . The Plesk autoinstaller force installs the old plesk-php56-imagick packages again and errors because of the newer ImageMagick installed.

Why is the Plesk autoinstaller trying to re-install PHP packages I've already removed via yum? I don't believe that Plesk should have any dependency on ImageMagick. Also I tried adding the ImageMagick and plesk-php56-imagick packages to the exclude in the plesk plesk-php5.6.repo but the Plesk installer ignores it and tries to re-install them again :(

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Why is the Plesk autoinstaller trying to re-install PHP packages I've already removed via yum? I don't believe that Plesk should have any dependency on ImageMagick. Also I tried adding the ImageMagick and plesk-php56-imagick packages to the exclude in the plesk plesk-php5.6.repo but the Plesk installer ignores it and tries to re-install them again :(

Any ideas?
Package plesk-php56-imagick is a part of the PHP5.6 component in autoinstaller. Therefore all packages for this component will be updated by autoinstaller. It is expected behavior. As a possible workaround, you can create empty dump package plesk-php56-imagick with the highest version like 5.6.99 and install it instead of an original package. In this case, this package will not be updated by autoinstaller. I have not tested it but you can try.

Hi nisamudeen97,

investigating your issue(s) in your thread "timeout and strange issues with php-fpm", I can't see any relation to Plesk - PHP - versions, even that you post as well a single log - entry with the error - message "FCGI: attempt to connect to Unix domain socket /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/php-fpm.sock (*) failed", which only leads to an non working - PHP-FPM - service. Pls. consider to investigate issues and the possible root causes first, before you consider to share your opion about it - it is rather irritating and confusing to share an opinion about the apache - modules "mod_fcgid" and "mod_proxy_fcgi" and the used apache - version ( all thes packages are not even shipped by Plesk at all ), while this thread is related to the Plesk - PHP - versions. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! The option exists on Plesk Onyx 17.5. Please check, maybe you have no additional IP addresses to select, or there are no free dedicated IP addresses.

Back