• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.3 | unable to create subscriptions!

fearz

Regular Pleskian
Since I updated, Something went wrong with the overall bin files permissions

Sometimes I had to chmod +x certain files in the bin directory for some things in Plesk to work..

Now when I try to create a subscription, I use to get the following:

all children busy, launch additional (total 3, limit 30)
2011-07-25T10:00:01+03:00 CRIT (2): Smb_Plesk_Exception: Internal error:usermng failed: file does not exist or is not executable: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/usermng
file: /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/library/Smb/Plesk/Bridge/System.php
line: 38
code: 0

So I chmod +x usermng

Then I got the following:

2011-07-25T10:01:26+03:00 ERR (3): Unable to update domain data: Unable to update domain data: logrot_mng failed: file does not exist or is not executable: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/logrot_mng
logrot_mng: Unable to set UID or GID: Operation not permitted

System error 1: Operation not permitted
2011-07-25T10:02:24+03:00 ERR (3): Unable to update domain data: Unable to update domain data: logrot_mng failed: logrot_mng: Unable to set UID or GID: Operation not permitted

How to fix?

Find a packet to which a binary file belongs with

# rpm -qf /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/usermng

for example and then set all default permissions for files from this package with

# rpm --setperms package_name.rpm
# rpm --setugids package_name.rpm

Thanks Igor, but same issue:

root@earth:/var/www/vhosts/itekhost.com# rpm -qf /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/logrot_mng
plesk-core-10.12.0-cos5.build1012110629.18
root@earth:/var/www/vhosts/itekhost.com# rpm --setperms plesk-core-10.12.0-cos5.build1012110629.18
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pci_compliance_resolver': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/config.sample.inc.php': No such file or directory
root@earth:/var/www/vhosts/itekhost.com# rpm --setugids plesk-core-10.12.0-cos5.build1012110629.18
chown: cannot access `/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pci_compliance_resolver': No such file or directory
chgrp: cannot access `/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/pci_compliance_resolver': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access `/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php': No such file or directory
chgrp: cannot access `/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php': No such file or directory
chown: cannot access `/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/config.sample.inc.php': No such file or directory
chgrp: cannot access `/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/config.sample.inc.php': No such file or directory

/var/log/sw-cp..:

2011-07-25T11:47:00+03:00 ERR (3): Unable to update domain data: Unable to update domain data: logrot_mng failed: logrot_mng: Unable to set UID or GID: Operation not permitted

New errors:

2011-07-25 12:03:08: (log.c.135) server stopped
2011-07-25 12:17:55: (log.c.75) server started
Fatal error: boost::filesystem::basic_filesystem_error<boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::string, boost::filesystem::path_traits> >(boost::filesystem::create_directory)
2011-07-25T12:19:23+03:00 ERR (3): Unable to update domain data: Failed mail post-configuration: Can't create mail domain service: mail_Facade->createDomain() failed: mailmng failed: Fatal error: boost::filesystem::basic_filesystem_error<boost::filesystem::basic_path<std::string, boost::filesystem::path_traits> >(boost::filesystem::create_directory)
root@earth:~#

Igor, i'm feeling there is something wrong overall with the server after this upgrade, there is already a ticket opened by eukHost 4 days ago to your respectable team but there is no response until now, I'd really appreciate it if you push that issue and ask them to investigate as i am really fed up trying to fix an issue, one after the other...please let me know any info you might need as i was not provided a ticket # by eukhost, they have a premium contract i believe and they said there is no ticket #.

Igor, eukhost insist on not giving me the ticket #, i messaged you a few information that include my server details...please check it and let me know if you need any information...eukhost followed your KB.

Igor, What kind of support is this??? I received the following from eukhost (that is your response):

Plesk seems to be working fine I have checked with https "https://xxxx.com:8443/" and verified it too. Regarding the permission issue of bin folder it doesn't comes under Parallels support issue. You need to check that your self.

The update messes up the panel and then you say it doesn't come under parallels support???

Please do something about this!

Last edited:
Right. Plesk broken by customer's modifications and interventions is not covered by Parallels support program. You can buy Professional Service for fixing this issue if you can't fix it by yourself.

Since when was updating the Plesk using the GUI was a customer modification and intervention??????????????????

That was ONLY after I upgraded and i received errors saying that the panel is unable to find the file or
'Permission Denied' - Why the hell would I go changing these files permissions by myself?!?!?

Do you think I just want to mess around for more down time for my customers??

What are you trying to prove here Igor?

Now I was able to fix these errors by re-installing EVERY RPM / package again. now I did not go mess around them all by myself, they GOT messed up since I upgraded, Believe it or not, you WILL need to check why my panel was messed,

Now I was offering my support for your team to check the issue and I still would like that to happen.

Listen Igor, I don't want any troubles, I don't want to come here or open tickets with anyone, i am just seeking stability, I just wished that I never updated to 10.3.0 as 10.2 was working almost perfectly.

you got 2 choices here, either prove that your company still seeks customer satisfaction or you might as well prove me wrong and ignore my issues, after all, I still have issues with slowlyness with the overall performance, so far I fixed some errors, but I fear more will appear.

Back