• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11.5 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Raymond,

The #1 is simple a browser redirect. Perhaps you have pop-up windows blocked in your browser. If that's true you won't be able to open Help pages.

We will check #2 and respond.

No on #1. The window opens and then sits and spins, not going anywhere. Left it running for 5 minutes....but, I have a comment about that, after I note...
For #2. Just did a clean install of 11.5.26. Still no Web Presence icons for migrated site. But, it DID fix the bug reporting feature from issue #1. I will now send in the bug report for the PPB issue.

Thank you

Hi, for #1 - may it be that outgoing traffic for your server is shaped to very low value? The bugreport attaches installation log (so that we can find root cause easier), so its upload may take a while... it is about 3 seconds for me. But 5 minutes is extremely high value.

However, the form can be accessed directly at http://www.parallels.com/support/plesk/bugreport/

regards

For those who didn't install Plesk 11.5, but yet would like to explore it, we added ONLINE DEMO option

UPD: If you don't have time to play with a server, explore ONLINE DEMO of Plesk 11.5 (Linux version only)
  • Site owner demo (login: admin, password: plesk115) - fits best to explore experience of web master in their own VPS (shared hosting customer has similar look&feel)
  • Hoster demo (login: admin, password: plesk115) - fits best to explore experience of a hoster or web agency, serviing sites for their customers.

The demoes are automatically reset to default state every few hours.

where is the 11.5.26. change log ? also if possible try to add email hosting plans only in future. (unless they already exist and im to stupid to find it)

QUICK HEADS UP : DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT INSTALL THIS : "bind-9.8.2-0.17.rc1.el6_4.4.x86_64"

after 5 hours i finally managed to find that this package ruins the entire dns service on plesk 11.5.26 !!!!

And again, this because i had the atomic repo . Or should i say an atomic bomb ready to blow...

2. All Web Presence sites are broken (the bug I want to report). Whether migrated or fresh, Web Presence is not in the control panel...icons to edit are missing...and one migrated site was a PPB site, yet will not let me edit. I even re-installed PPB, with no luck. (using license with unlimited PPB sites).

Hi Raymond,

The problem was with the preview license -- try going to Tools & Settings > License Management and clicking Retrieve Keys. Let me know if this doesn't work.

Plesk 11.5.26 is available!

Linux & Windows:
[+] Support for Horde IMP5. Panel is now shipped with Horde IMP5. In case you upgrade from earlier Panel versions with installed Horde IMP3, Horde will be automatically upgraded to the 5 version.

[*] Improvements on the Applications tab. Customers can now sort the list of available apps (on the Applications tab) by category or their popularity.

[*] Websites in the maintenance mode are now restored in the Suspended state after the transfer from earlier Panel versions.

See details here:
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...11.5-linux-updates-release-notes.html#11526-p
http://download1.parallels.com/Ples....5-windows-updates-release-notes.html#11526-p

Hi Raymond,

The problem was with the preview license -- try going to Tools & Settings > License Management and clicking Retrieve Keys. Let me know if this doesn't work.

I can confirm this has fixed the issue. Thank you.

Quick question....should we even bother looking at the 11.5 preview if we're planning to move to PPA within the next 6 months? Will the interface changes eventually be moved to PPA's customer panels? How is this splintering the different solutions?

The SPAW doest work for me, i can't browse any folders nor upload any pictures.
This has been an issue for me since 9.0, when will this be corrected?

I'm currently using Panel version 11.0.9 Update #52

one question... some knows or have a link to how can i have google apps email for some accounts in the same domain and have all the rest email accounts directly on server. this is getting me mad. i use plesk postfix on centos 6.4 . thanks

one question... some knows or have a link to how can i have google apps email for some accounts in the same domain and have all the rest email accounts directly on server. this is getting me mad. i use plesk postfix on centos 6.4 . thanks

Hi, LegionFX!
The logic is following:
Mailbox user is not the same as Panel user.
On Subscription Control Panel you can see tabs "Mail" and "Users".
On "Mail" tab you can create mailbox and on "Users" tab you can create users to login CP.
Plesk 11.5 has additional checkbox on mailbox creation screen (by default it is enabled). It means that if you are creating email address - the CP user will be created automatically by default, so the user can send/receive mail and login to CP with same credentials.
If you need only to send/receive mail for user and do not need access to CP - you can just disable this checkbox on email address properties or during creation.
If you need only login to CP and do not need mailbox for the user - open Users tab and create it with "Use an external email address" option (where you can specify external address, such as gmail one). By default Username for such User will have external email name for login to CP, but it can be changed (during creation or later on User properties screen).
Also on User creation screen you can specify internal email address with option "Create an email address under your account". In this case mailbox will be created automatically with same credentials.

Am i right that you want some mailboxes ([email protected], [email protected]) handled by GApps mailserver and others ([email protected] ...) handled by Plesk postfix mailserver when domain.tld served by Plesk?
If so, then such case requires sophisticated custom configuration of mailserver and not realized in Plesk yet.

Last edited:
Hi, LegionFX!
The logic is following:
On "Mail" tab you can create mailbox and on "Users" tab you can create users to login CP.
Plesk 11.5 has additional checkbox on mailbox creation screen (by default it is enabled). It means that if you are creating email address - the CP user will be created automatically by default, so the user can send/receive mail and login to CP with same credentials.
If you need only to send/receive mail for user and do not need access to CP - you can just disable this checkbox on email address properties or during creation.
If you need only login to CP and do not need mailbox for the user - open Users tab and create it with "Use an external email address" option (where you can specify external address, such as gmail one). By default Username for such User will have external email name for login to CP, but it can be changed (during creation or later on User properties screen).
Also on User creation screen you can specify internal email address with option "Create an email address under your account". In this case mailbox will be created automatically with same credentials.

Am i right that you want some mailboxes ([email protected], [email protected]) handled by GApps mailserver and others ([email protected] ...) handled by Plesk postfix mailserver when domain.tld served by Plesk?
If so, then such case requires sophisticated custom configuration of mailserver and not realized in Plesk yet.

Is Parallels thinking of supporting this?
I think it is a bad idea to segregate mail accounts on different MX servers.

It's a real mess to maintain, we do it for a few customers, but we can not recommend it!

It is also very difficult to explain how it works to your customers.

Hi, LegionFX!
The logic is following:

such a long reply... and no real awnser in the end. lol okayso it requires sophisticated custom configuration, can you provide some links of example?

by the way where is the 11.5.27 change log?

and when is the release date, im planning to buy a new license.

such a long reply... and no real awnser in the end. lol okayso it requires sophisticated custom configuration, can you provide some links of example?

This functionality is not realized in Plesk. We have no ready solutions for configuring and we do not guarantee such configuration will not break Plesk mail system if you will try to set up it.
Anyway, if you're still going to realize it then it is better to ask postfix team (www.postfix.org) about configuration of postfix mail server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back