• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 11.5 support on RHEL / CentOS 7

prprtl

New Pleskian
We noticed that for now only Plesk 12 supports RHEL / CentOS 7. Is support for EL 7 planned for Plesk 11.5?

We noticed that for now only Plesk 12 supports RHEL / CentOS 7. Is support for EL 7 planned for Plesk 11.5?

We have no plans for support RHEL / CentOS 7 by old Plesk versions.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.

Plesk 12 was just recently declared stable on 22-Aug-2014, see https://twitter.com/PleskService/status/502689630517354496. Before that, Plesk 11.5 was the latest stable release. So we figured support for RHEL / CentOS 7 might be a possibility.

We have noticed that Plesk 11.5 only received the latest micro-update on 9-Jun-2014 (http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...k-panel-11.5-linux-updates-release-notes.html). Can you please confirm that Plesk 11.5 is still supported until 13-Jun-2016, as reported on http://odin.com/hcap/support/policies/plesk-lifecycle/ ?

We haven't plans for support RHEL / CentOS 7 by old Plesk versions.

I dont understand. Is it "an older version"? or is it "a still supported version"? It cant be both.

No security updates anymore and no plans to bring it to the latest rhel/centos, sounds like its been silently abandoned to me.

Its like redhat stops releasing security updates for rhel 6 the minute rhel 7 is out.

plesk 12.0.x has been declared stable by marketing but that doesnt mean it really is. SSL sites disapearing with every update, the zillion problems updating, etc... etc... one only has to read the problems forum to see its far from true production ready.

regards
Jan

If you've used Plesk for a while, you'll know that's how they do it. They call something 'supported' but they'll slowly let more and more things break until the product is unusable a year or more before the point that it is officially called 'unsupported.'

I dont understand. Is it "an older version"? or is it "a still supported version"? It cant be both.

No security updates anymore and no plans to bring it to the latest rhel/centos, sounds like its been silently abandoned to me.

Its like redhat stops releasing security updates for rhel 6 the minute rhel 7 is out.

plesk 12.0.x has been declared stable by marketing but that doesnt mean it really is. SSL sites disapearing with every update, the zillion problems updating, etc... etc... one only has to read the problems forum to see its far from true production ready.

regards
Jan

Have you read Lifecycle Policy http://odin.com/hcap/support/policies/plesk-lifecycle/ ?

Typically, support for new operating system versions will only be added to the most recently released Parallels Plesk version. For example, a new version of CentOS would be added only to the latest Parallels Plesk release, but not to any earlier versions.

yes i have read that.

plesk 12 stable = 22-Aug-2014
rhel 7 release date = 9-jun-2014

https://access.redhat.com/articles/3078

At the time rhel 7 was released, plesk 11.5 was the latest stable production ready plesk version

And that doesnt explane why no more MU are released for plesk 11.5.

So, follow the no more MU's for 11.5 logic can only mean that there are no more errors in plesk 11.5.

Reading this forum and seeing how many errors there are still in plesk 12.0 it would seem to me that plesk 11.5 is at this moment the best and most stable errorfree plesk version to use in a production environment, at least until plesk 12.0 has no more errors so the MU's are not needed anymore. Let me guess, that will happen the day 12.5 or 13 comes out.

regards
Jan

If you read Lifecycle Policy carefully, you can see that there is definition "most recently released Parallels Plesk version" but not "most recently announced as stable Parallels Plesk version". Plesk 12 GA was released 16 June. RHEL7 was released 9 June. As you can see we follow our Lifecycle Policy here. RHEL/CentOS 7 has a lot of serious differences with previous versions. Therefore support of this new version by Plesk took many resources, efforts and time and couldn't be performed immediately.
BTW, latest MU#47 for 11.5 was released 9 June.

We will release MU for 11.5 with security fixes soon.

As you can see in Life Policy:

Each major version will be fully supported for at least a period of four (4) years after release.

Plesk 11.5 was released June 13, 2012. So, we have almost 2 years for releasing MUs with bugfixes. Sorry, but schedule of releasing MU with bugfixes is our internal affair.

Sorry, but schedule of releasing MU with bugfixes is our internal affair.

So what you are saying here is: P.O. we fix it when we want.

Security updates is about the safety of my clients and bugfixes is about the usability of a piece of software. Both are VERY MUCH my affair !!!

The conversion from clients to customers after the migration from an older version still doesn't work in both 11.5 and 12.0.

...deleted...deleted...deleted...deleted...deleted...deleted...deleted...

jan

Back