• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11 does not take into account change of backup schedule

fran@

Basic Pleskian
Symptoms:
One of my customers had a domain/subscription backup happening daily while the server was on Plesk 9.5.4.
Since then, the server has been upgraded to Plesk 11.0.9, and customer has changed the backup schedule to weekly, and set the Maximum number of backups in repository to 1.

Problem: the daily backups are still happening, along with the weekly backups, the number of backups to retain is not respected and they are filling up his disk space quota.

All backups in this repository are marked as "created by the administrator".
Only the weekly backup schedule appears in the domain subscription Backup Manager.
Nothing appears in the administrator backup manager.

How can find and I delete the phantom Plesk9 backup schedule?

/Fran

Had you already tried upgrading the plesk database with /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.0.9-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair ??

Re: Had you already tried upgrading the plesk database with /usr/local/psa/bootstrapp

I think I did that right after the upgrade to P11, but not since they changed their settings, I'll try that again after hours just in case.

bootstrapper.sh repair did not help with the backup

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.0.9-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair did not help with the backups.
Here is the report:

psa121 databases upgrade.
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.0.9-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair
===> Upgrade completed.
Stopping psa... done
Starting xinetd service... done
Starting mysqld service... done
Starting named service... done
Starting postgresql service... done
Starting psa-spamassassin service... not installed
Plesk: Starting Mail Server... already started
Starting psa... done

***** problem report *****
Passwords for some MySQL users were not upgraded.
All MySQL DB users that may be used by Panel MUST have passwords in new 41-character format in order for Panel to function properly.
Currently following users have passwords in old format: support@localhost, bug115166_17159@%, memberSponsors@%, bug115166_11056@%, memberSponsors2@%, bug115166_10991@%, newsite_admin@%, lyonsadmin@%, newsiteadmin@%, newsiteuser@%, bug115166_29890@%, testuser@%, bug115166_53941@%, xtest@%.
Please ensure that MySQL server is not forced to use old password hashing algorithm and upgrade password format manually for users from the list above. Consult with MySQL server manual on detailed steps.
You may skip certain users if you are sure they weren't created and aren't used by Panel.

Dow do I delete Plesk 9 Client backups once upgraded to Plesk 11 Customer ?

it looks like the daily backups that are still happening on this server were scheduled at the ex-Plesk9 Client level

Aug 2, 2012 10:53 PM backup_domain.org_info_1208022253.xml 667 MB

The files are physically located at
/var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/client/backup_client_info_1208022253.xml
/var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/client/domains/domain.org/backup_domain.org_info_1208022253.xml

How can I delete those backups that had been scheduled at the Plesk 9 client level?
There are no more backup options at the Plesk 11 Customer level in Plesk 11 Control Panel

I see these client backups in psa database: table BackupsScheduled
Can I delete the rows from this table, or is there more to do?

/Fran

edited psa table BackupsScheduled
and changed status of backup for client # active column from true to false

Back