• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11 Upgrade and License Key

ZieglerM

Basic Pleskian
Good Morning,

just upgraded my Plesk 10.4.4 installation with a valid license key. Now i want to retrieve a newly ordered license key. If i click "Retrieve Keys" i get the error message

Incorrect ServerInfo format

although the current license will be displayed properly:

Info
Key number PLSK.<not shown>
Next license key update June 17, 2012
Key expiration date June 27, 2012
The expiration date will be automatically extended on June 17, 2012. For the automatic update you must allow connections to ka.swsoft.com. For more information, refer to the following help topic.
User accounts (resellers and customers) Unlimited
Domains 10
Domain aliases Unlimited
Mail accounts Unlimited
Web users Unlimited
Language packs 2
Available languages Any language
Links for purchasing SSL certificates and domain registration services Off
Valid for the following environments: Physical server or any virtualization solution
PostgreSQL database server support Off
Java applications Off
Traffic usage reports On
Notifications management On
Event manager On
Logging of actions performed by Panel users On
Backup and restoration functions On
Subdomains management On
Adobe ColdFusion support Off
Antivirus management On
Sites published with Web Presence Builder 0
Migration manager On
Remote database hosting On
Mail queue management On
User accounts (resellers and customers) in Customer and Business Manager 0
Concerto mode Off

What went wrong and how can i retrieve my new key?

Thanks, Martin

Hostname Related

Check to make sure your host name is correctly entered and also check with your /etc/hosts file to ensure there is only localhost record.

eg 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

Some times you can find funny records in there like "localhost6.localdomain localhost6" and etc

Hello I have the same problem.

The data in the / etc / hosts file is correct, no false entries are available there.

Key-Update-Status
Incorrect ServerInfo format

via mail (translated):

PLSK.xxxxxxxx.0001 can not be updated. During the processing of your keys an error has occurred. You can try again later.

When I click on the help page
The expiration date is on July 16, 2012 extended automatically. For the automatic update, you must allow connections to ka.swsoft.com. For more information, see the following Help topic.

I get an error page.

Last edited:
root@mail3:~# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

root@mail3:~# hostname
mail3.<domain>

root@mail3:~# nslookup <ip eth0>
<ip>.in-addr.arpa name = mail3.<domain>

still get the error message "Incorrect ServerInfo format".

The data in the / etc / hosts file is correct, no false entries are available there.

via mail (translated):

I get an error page.

You confirm using Plesk 11.*?

Licence Issues

via mail (translated):

I get an error page.

This error is common in 4 incidences:

1. When there is a firewall restricting access to the plesk licencing server
2. When you are using an older version of plesk, eg plesk 9.* and this requires an upgrade to 10.* or 11.* to resolve.
3. When there is a problem with your dns resolver (usually can't resolve to the outside world)
4. If there is a problem with the hosts file or hostname record.

You can check with the above, and if error still exists you can PM me ...

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Before the update from version 10.4.4 to 11.0.9 worked the license renewal without problems.

I have to test the plesk firewall turned off, unfortunately without success.
The internet access in the query and the dns work without problems. maybe someone can give the host name of the licensservers plesk. So I can test the resolution.

The host name is displayed properly and the / etc / host file is also without error.

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Before the update from version 10.4.4 to 11.0.9 worked the license renewal without problems.

I have to test the plesk firewall turned off, unfortunately without success.
The internet access in the query and the dns work without problems. maybe someone can give the host name of the licensservers plesk. So I can test the resolution.

The host name is displayed properly and the / etc / host file is also without error.
the same on my system.

Actually what ever licence problems that are coming with plesk 11.* are a BUG in the new version.
Ideally the key and server information being sent to the plesk licencing server is not formated in the order the licencing server is expecting it to be in.

I tried re-installing my licence key to get the expired date notification (which I got), then tried the retrieve keys and also got that error "Incorrect ServerInfo format".

To resolve with my server, I just clicked "Roll Back Key" to go back to my previous key settings which worked. But I know when its due for renewal I will get that same error.

I will keep digging and trying out different options.

hello, please report to us if you have found something.

I'm at a paralles support ticket opened, with the hope that a solution is offered here.

in the meantime is there a different way to request a new key? i need to activate new domains but the license will not allow me to do so.

I think if you purchase a new key from Paralles or your server provider, most likely the new key would work seemingly.

I remember we had the same issues with upgrading from 9.* to 10.*. The keys eventually failed and we had to use new licence keys.

I think if you purchase a new key from Paralles or your server provider, most likely the new key would work seemingly.

I remember we had the same issues with upgrading from 9.* to 10.*. The keys eventually failed and we had to use new licence keys.
Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. In order to get a new license key from my server hoster i need to request it by hitting the "Retrieve Key" button.

in the meantime is there a different way to request a new key? i need to activate new domains but the license will not allow me to do so.
Can someone from the Plesk team please check that for me? I need to add new domains and my customers are waiting.

So I get an answer from the support that version 11.0.9 is not supported.
So there remains only the hope that before the expiration of the license, the "correct" version will be brought out or there will be an update.

So I get an answer from the support that version 11.0.9 is not supported.
So there remains only the hope that before the expiration of the license, the "correct" version will be brought out or there will be an update.

WOW, its not supported? This is not so good of Parallels to realize a product that is not supported. I really hope an upgrade comes out pretty soon ...

very funny...

what does release mean? is it really the final release version? i'm just wondering, because the plesk website still show plesk 10 as the current version. just want to avoid that i'm going to install a version which can be upgraded.

thanks, martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZieglerM
what does release mean?[..]
... as in there is no "preview" in the Version numbering.

Release notes have not yet been updated.

i installed 11.0.9 because i was told it's the final release version. thus they have to support it.

since you quote me here, lets get the facts straight. I myself am still very confused about the release politics of parallels:

the auto_installer shows 11.0.9 as "preview" release.
the plesk download website states 11.x to be the "latest release" - no information here that this would be a trial or preview version: http://www.parallels.com/en/download/plesk/11
a parallels employee claims that the version on the download page is the production version: http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=627434&postcount=7

I've installed a newly rented Plesk 10.x key on 11.0.9 and it activated flawlessly. I am expecting 11.0.9 to be the stable version.

Hello.

Sorry for the confusion, this was a mis-communication. Plesk version 11 is fully supported. If you provide me with the ticket ID, I'll be happy to re-open the ticket and assist you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back