• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 11 Upgrade and License Key

Alexey, you may have to contact your Licence Vendor or Parallels Premium Support to help resolve these licence issues. There is very little work a rounds with licence related problems ..

To solve this problem with our License Vendor - it is big problrem.

I have a question:

If we have valid license key, why we can't upgrade it??
Or we must pay money for upgrade??

Alexey, if you are using a vendor broad licence key (This is a key that is assigned to the vendor and all its customers use that key) then ONLY the vendor has to upgrade that key.

If you have your own licence key (ie its an independent key) then the upgrades should be automated.

Personally am in the first case senario, and we have always to contact our vendors to make changes to there licence for it to work with our servers.

We contact with our supplier:

They sayd, that we have "private key".

You sad, that key must be upgrade, how it can be upgrade?

Current version:
Panel 10.4.4 , upgrade #41
Linux 2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.x86_64
PLSK.00337232.0044
next update key: september 4, 2012

"The key was detected on more than 3 IPs during the last week"

What does it mean?

How we can learn number of server on our license key? And may be IP address of servers, that used this key

Last edited:
Your key is tied to the IP address of your server, otherwise it would easy to install the same key on several servers. How to know? Well, begin by asking your self the simple question, what did you purchase? A single IP key or multiple IP key ..ofcourse if you didn't pay anything more than $45/Month then that is a single IP server and you can't use the same key on another server ...(while its being used by the first server)

I'm not understand.

How can I know about IP adress of servers?
We use same key more then 3 servers.

and this servers can be upgrade.

I'm not know about license policy, or about our key.
Can you tell us about our key?

How many servers we can use in the same time, how we can upgrade servers.

P.S. when we upgraded from 9 to 10 plesk, we haven't any question about license!

Alexey, that is private information, you probably have to contact Igor via PM to give you such information.

Hello Alexey_Shpak,

There is no SUS on your Plesk key; that is why this license cannot be upgraded to version 11. More details about SUS are provided here:

http://kb.parallels.com/111

Your Plesk key can be used on a single server, not on multiple ones.

P.S. when we upgraded from 9 to 10 plesk, we haven't any question about license!

There was active SUS on the key at that time; it has expired in November, 2011.

You would need to reinstate SUS in order to upgrade your key to version 11. To get help with SUS reinstatement, please create a free support request to customer service:

http://www.parallels.com/support/request/

You will be prompted to log into your account if you were not logged in previously.

Please select 'Customer Service and Licensing' category from the first drop-down list. Then select 'Parallels Plesk Panel' as a product.

Please note that you do not need to have a support code to create such a request.

IWe use same key more then 3 servers.

Thanks for making it clear AlexandraK. However there is one part that caught my attention and if you don't mind, please make it clear too ..

You stated the key was for a single server, however the client confesses to have used it on 3 servers. Is this possible?

Dear abdi,

Thank you for your question.

I thought that the key was not used simultaneously on several servers. As I understood, they have moved the key from one server to another.

The type of key they have can only be used on one server at a time.

Your licence has a limit on the number of domain names you can have / Manage in Plesk. That ranges from 10, 100 to unlimited.

Thus, you need to order for the SUS for the speficic number of domains that attached to your licence key! Do you know your domains limit on the key?

Back