• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.0 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plesk 12.0.11 preview is available!

From release notes (http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP12/parallels-plesk-12.0-for-linux.html):

[*] Now it is possible to restrict remote access to MySQL using its native security mechanism - MySQL user access control lists (ACLs).

[*] Now customers can update several WordPress installations at the same time. Several WordPress plugins and themes can also be updated at the same time, as well as individually.

[*] Users can now add custom buttons to the website tools area in Websites & Domains.

[*] Links, buttons and menu items on the Plesk UI that lead to new functionality are now marked with a red arrow. Red arrows disappear after the user proceeds to the pages containing new functionality.
[-] Customers could not view instructions for manual configuration of a mail client.
[-] Mail users were unable to change their mail account settings in Plesk.
[-] The repair command-line utility failed to update file permissions in a website's directory. It issued the error: "Failed to chown".
[-] If the nginx server was switched on, the Webalizer web statistics tool calculated statistics incorrectly.
[-] Firefox 25.0.1 and Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16428 did not accept Parallels Plesk Installer's SSL certificate.
[-] After upgrading to Plesk 12, the administrator was unable to open a subscription if there was a syntax error in the file /etc/php5/cli/php.ini. Plesk issued the error: "The PHP handler "fastcgi" is not registered".
[-] Plesk upgrade repair procedure (the bootstrapper script) failed if the SiteBuilder package was installed in Plesk but no SiteBuilder database user or database were created. The bootstrapper script issued the error: "Error while trying to upgrade MySQL password format for Sitebuilder user".

Last edited:
Hi today i installed the preview on Debian 7 but when i install the trial key i can't see the fail2ban and mod_security in the license either in the Tools menue. I already verified that i installed the components. Is it deactivated in the trial?

What about support for Ubuntu 14.04 in the upcoming Plesk 12? I know both are unreleased at this point, but for planning purposes it would be useful to know whether Plesk 12 will support the new Ubuntu LTS when it comes out.

I wonder, I've both upgraded from 12.0.9 and installed 12.0.11 anew on CentOS 6.5,
but I don't see the following options:
* tools & settings ->outgoing mail control
* options to limit outgoing messages under 'mail server settings'
* IP banning ( fail2ban is installed through autoinstaller )
* "My wordpress installations"
* settings related to mod_security ( also installed through autoinstaller )

Some of these options are visible in the plesk 12.0 for linux demo instance mentioned on sp.parallelsnetwork

Any idea why these settings are not visible?

I wonder, I've both upgraded from 12.0.9 and installed 12.0.11 anew on CentOS 6.5,
but I don't see the following options:
* tools & settings ->outgoing mail control
* options to limit outgoing messages under 'mail server settings'
* IP banning ( fail2ban is installed through autoinstaller )
* "My wordpress installations"
* settings related to mod_security ( also installed through autoinstaller )

Some of these options are visible in the plesk 12.0 for linux demo instance mentioned on sp.parallelsnetwork

Any idea why these settings are not visible?

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?294313-Plesk-12-0-Preview&p=722519&viewfull=1#post722519

Plesk 12.0.12 preview & Presence Builder 12.0.1 preview are available!

From release notes (http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP12/parallels-plesk-12.0-for-linux-change-log.html):

Plesk 12.0.12:
[+] OpenSUSE 13.1 is now supported.
[+] Apache 2.4 for OpenSUSE 13.1 is now supported.
[+] New APIs for developing Plesk extensions are available.
[+] New product features and options are marked with a red pointer in the user interface.

[*] ProFTPD was upgraded to version 1.3.4d.

[*] Now you can customize ProFTPD settings by creating conf files and placing them into /etc/proftpd.d/. Note that the contents of the file /etc/proftpd.include were moved to /etc/proftpd.d/50-plesk.conf.

Parallels Presence Builder 12.0.1
[+] Presence Builder now supports MySQL 5.6.
[+] Users can insert links to external pages into the website navigation menu.
[+] Providers can switch off all Google-based services by means of a configuration file option. Learn more at http://download1.parallels.com/WPB/...e-installation-administration-guide/72918.htm.
[+] With new Amazon aStore module, users can add online stores to their sites.
[+] Users can add a Twitter feed to their sites.
[+] You can see how your website will look on the most popular mobile devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back