• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.0 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a really useful feedback that I really hope will be taken into account by Parallels.

However it doesn't really answer my question (that was rhetorical, please don't reply).
I will answer anyway :) - I am just testing Plesk in hardcore conditions - turn on all components and I want to see how it works in "worst conditions"/high usage cpu/ram, etc.

Yeah, I'm on 12.0.12 now.
I had the update settings on recommended level, once I set it to testing it showed 12.0.12 available.
But that doesn't explain why it started to upgrade to 12.0.11 from 12.0.10 with "recommended" upgrade level, and then failed.
Anyway it doesn't matter now, all sorted :)
Thanks again for your help

But that doesn't explain why it started to upgrade to 12.0.11 from 12.0.10 with "recommended" upgrade level, and then failed.

Current Plesk builds have "testing release" mark, so you didn't see them in "Updates & Upgrades" interface. You could run autoinstaller manually with "testing" value or swith upgrade level to "testing release". We will fix this usability issue.

Thanks!

Thanks.

Something I have noticed, is I have my personal domain set up as the default site for the IP (Shared) and for it to use my certificate.
I then have a second site set up on that IP with SNI and a certificate installed in it's SSL repo and after this update I noticed the secondary domain was using the main domains certificate.
It was easily fixed with...

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain secondarydomain.tld

I have noticed this happen a couple of times now, I'm not sure what might have caused it the first time/s.
Anyway I'm using Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS.

Regards

Lloyd

Review plesk-firewall ?

Hi.

Perhaps it is a good idea to review the plesk firewall module?
The current way to apply changes is to write everything to a script ( /usr/local/psa/var/modules/firewall/firewall-active.sh )
This script doesn't use iptables-restore / ip6tables-restore to read from a config file, but instead performs a call to /sbin/iptables / /sbin/ip6tables for each subsequent line.
This is not very efficient. Of course, this is an easy way to have a firewall working even when one line contains a syntax error, but I think a better solution should be to write a config file for iptables and ip6tables and use the restore commands to load them.

Migrate from standard dovecot to PLESK Dovecot

Hi,

I tried the preview version of Plesk 12 and I really really like the new features, most of all the new mailserver features.
I did a test migration from my existing (standard) dovecot mailserver to the new PLESK dovecot.
Unfortunately it seems that the configs of both are not compatible, the plesk dovecot config is (far) away of being standard and the dovecot namespaces are configured in a different way (due to courier compatibility)...
Is there a way to migrate a standard dovecot isntance to a PLESK 12 dovecot instance?

Is there a way to migrate a standard dovecot isntance to a PLESK 12 dovecot instance?

Customization in Dovecot is so vast and flexible that I feel there is no single "standard" configuration. Could you be more specific about you configuration? Maybe even post important parts of it so others could help.

After evaluating Plesk preview I found that Dovecot in Plesk is in fact quite configurable (of course apart from storage engine and authentication drivers).

[SOLVED] Migrate from standard dovecot to PLESK Dovecot

At the end I figured out a way to manage the migration but I ran into following issues and fixed it as stated...

Most problems occured because PLESK changes some configurations to be courier-compatible (for those users who switch from courier to dovecot)

ATTENTION! I am quite sure that this will break any courier-mailboxes on the same server (so switching to courier is not easily possible again afterwards)

Problem: POP3 clients would have downloaded all mails again (due to different uidl-format)
Solution: Remove PLESKs custom uidl-format to be dovecot-default-conform again like this:
protocol pop3 {
# POP3 UIDL format similar to the one used by Courier-IMAP.
#pop3_uidl_format = UID%u-%v
}

Problem: PLESK namespace configuration (aka "imap folders") were not compatible anymore and would have changed structure for existing clients
Solution: Changed namespace config to the dovecot default ones as like this:
namespace inbox {
inbox = yes

# These mailboxes are widely used and could perhaps be created automatically:
mailbox Drafts {
special_use = \Drafts
}
mailbox Junk {
special_use = \Junk
}
mailbox Trash {
special_use = \Trash
}

# For \Sent mailboxes there are two widely used names. We'll mark both of
# them as \Sent. User typically deletes one of them if duplicates are created.
mailbox Sent {
special_use = \Sent
}
mailbox "Sent Messages" {
special_use = \Sent
}

}

Problem: After migration of mail accounts preserving the original password (CRYPT-format) roundcube login was not working anymore. Horde was fine from the beginning.
Solution: Change roundcube IMAP and SMTP Auth type to PLAIN
$rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = PLAIN;
$rcmail_config['smtp_auth_type'] = 'PLAIN';

Problem: Changed namespaces were in conflict with PLESKs roundcube folder configuration
Solution: Remove Courier compatibility and change roundcube config to be compatible again
$rcmail_config['drafts_mbox'] = 'Drafts';
$rcmail_config['junk_mbox'] = 'Spam';
$rcmail_config['sent_mbox'] = 'Sent';
$rcmail_config['trash_mbox'] = 'Trash';
$rcmail_config['default_folders'] = array('INBOX', 'Drafts', 'Sent', 'Spam', 'Trash');

If you have any other ideas or some improvements please let me know...

From my point of view PLESK should override the custom values in seperate files, NOT in the original configs (e.g. as php-includes on the configs). And then add a PLESK parameter which lets the plesk user choose whether to use the mailserver in dovecot-standard mode or a special "courier-compatibility-mode".
This would both work for clean dovecot installation and also users who migrate from courier to dovecot. I think this would not be so much work to do and will be very safe. :)

Regards

Christoph

Last edited:
hi there,

trying to install 12.0.14 in a chrooted centos 6.5 environment and got the following error:

===> Cumulative APS controller upgrade (final stage) has been started.
Trying to set up APS controller database... APS db accessibility check was skipped.
Function not implemented

ERROR while trying to store APS controller db connection parameters into product db
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.14_installation.log), fix and try again

tac: write error: Broken pipe
***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to store APS controller db connection parameters into product db
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.14_installation.log), fix and try again

/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.14_installation.log tells me nearly the same:

===> Cumulative APS controller upgrade (final stage) has been started.
Trying to set up APS controller database... APS db accessibility check was skipped.
Function not implemented

**** Product post-install for BASE failed.

***** problem report *****
STOP Bootstrapper 12.0.14 post-install for BASE AT Wed Apr 9 16:03:39 CEST 2014
To complete product installation one should run bootstrapper script:
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.14-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Last edited:
At the end I figured out a way to manage the migration but I ran into following issues and fixed it as stated...

Glad you managed to figure it out!

ATTENTION! I am quite sure that this will break any courier-mailboxes on the same server (so switching to courier is not easily possible again afterwards)

Sure it will.

If you have any other ideas or some improvements please let me know...

From my point of view PLESK should override the custom values in seperate files, NOT in the original configs (e.g. as php-includes on the configs).

Have you read comments in Plesk Dovecot configuration files (especially the header parts)? It explicitly states that you should add your customizations the other way around - by adding separate files rather than modifying Plesk configs. Otherwise your changes will be overwritten during next update.

trying to install 12.0.14 in a chrooted centos 6.5 environment and got the following error:

What gave you an idea that it should work? Looks like you have troubles with DB access. Try without chroot or in a real virtual environment (e.g. Virtuozzo/PCS containers or KVM).

What gave you an idea that it should work? Looks like you have troubles with DB access. Try without chroot or in a real virtual environment (e.g. Virtuozzo/PCS containers or KVM).

I have several good reasons why i'm doing this and it worked with Plesk 11. I don't want to install in a "real" virtual environment. So which DB, which access?

The automatic upgrade stucks everytime
"Parallels Panel pre-upgrade check...
WARNING: Unable to find InnoDB engine support.
dpkg-query: no packages found matching psa-atmail"

Debian 7 x64 with MariaDB 10

SHOW ENGINES:
[...]InnoDB DEFAULT Percona-XtraDB, Supports transactions, row-level locking, and foreign keys

It is the same in 5.5 (w/PP11.5) and 10.10 (w/PP12).
I also configured in /etc/mysql/my.cnf default-storage-engine = InnoDB and https://mariadb.com/kb/en/about-xtradb/ says it is fully backwards compatible.

Although MariaDB is not supported currently, I think it is of great importance that it will be supported soon.
RHEL7 has made the move from MySQL to MariaDB, as have several other major distributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back