• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 - Installed application detection

Alban Staehli

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I migrated to Plesk 12.5 (Centos7/x64, OpenVZ Container) from a VPS with Centos6 & Plesk 12.0.18.
It worked well overall, except that some installed application through Plesk Application Catalog such as Magento have not been detected by Plesk after migration.

Therefore, in the Plesk Admin, under the concerned domain, I don't see the logo of the application and I cannot edit the settings.

Is there any way or command to "re-detect" those applications, so they show up in the Plesk admin interface?

Thx for your help.

Hi @Alban Staehli!

Unfortunately, there is no such command.

I have a couple of questions:
1. Are files are correctly migrated and the application works?
2. Could you please also check tab Applications of this subscription. The app is not shown there too?

Hi @Alban Staehli!

Unfortunately, there is no such command.

I have a couple of questions:
1. Are files are correctly migrated and the application works?
2. Could you please also check tab Applications of this subscription. The app is not shown there too?

1. The files have been correctly migrated and the application works.
2. In the tab Applications of the subscription, it's written that no application have been installed yet.

Please, not that during migration, the following message appeared as a Warning: Restoration of application "magento" blocked on "domain", because another application already installed to the path "pathToMagento". (and the domain didn't exist on the new server prior to the migration)

If at least I could add somehow a line in the PSA db to make it appear again, it would be great!

Did you try to migrate single domain with affected applications again? Problem is reproduced stably? Anyway, I would like to suggest you try Plesk Migrator: http://docs.plesk.com/en-US/12.5/migration-guide/introduction/. It implements migration approach, similar to Migration & Transfer Manager, but allows to re-run almost all migration steps, provide better error reporting (all warnings will point to concrete case, there something went wrong) and has a lot of checkers to prevent most common issues.

Back