• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk 12.5 Migrations- & Transfer-Manager: password transfer failed

tvsucks

New Pleskian
Hello,

I want to migrate from confixx to plesk 12.5. Everything works fine, expect the email passwords. I can see the same password hash ($1$BvRHFuvL$hidl.z7P6lCILZhREw4uD.) via "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mail_auth_view" as on the old confixx server mysql db: confixx/
pop3 ( $1$BvRHFuvL$hidl.z7P6lCILZhREw4uD.)

But I can't login at the the new Plesk server roudcube loginpage (webmail.domain.tld).
FTP Login works. Only email login fails. Tested with several accounts.

Please help.

Best regrads

Hello,

This is one of limitations for migration from Confixx. Mail passwords will be migrated but Plesk mail system configured more securely than Confixx and users cannot login in to mailbox using webmail or automatically configured mail clients without resetting passwords using Plesk. But you can connect to the mailboxes using mail clients with manual configuration of connection settings. Try to use plain passwords with STARTTLS connection security.

For example see Mozilla Thunderbird account setup window:
confixx_mail_password.PNG

After resetting or changing mail password using Plesk access to mailbox will be possible using automatic configuration of mail clients and Webmail.

Back