• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Plesk 18.0.23 Mail Server Settings broken!!!!!

Werner99

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

server was updated to 18.0.23 and now i have issues with Mail Server Settings.

1.) Enable mail management functions in Plesk is not active after upgrade, activating it doesn't work!
2.) Enable it and hitting save i get the following Error
Code:
Error: Unable to change settings for DMARC. To enable this option, please switch on DKIM and SPF spam protection.
Internal error ;-P
When i disable DMARC it seem to save but when i then try to enter i get again "Internal error ;-P" and it is again disabled!

OS‪Debian 9.11‬
ProductPlesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.23

any details in the log from upgrade if something went wrong? have you tried the cli command plesk repair mail to repair mailserver settings.

no error on upgrade and plesk repair mail doesn't fix the issue

plesk repair mail
Repairing the mail server configuration
Reconfigure all domains and mailboxes? [Y/n] y
Reconfiguring all domains and mailboxes ......................... [OK]
Error messages: 0; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

as a note the second Server also Debian 9.11 and Plesk 18.0.23 has same issue

Last edited:
you might add your OS to the report, to show it also happens on Debian 9 systems

you might add your OS to the report, to show it also happens on Debian 9 systems
Seem have no dependency with OS and happen in all of them, just hope that plesk stop new update and search an solution before lauching it again.

i hope they simply just fix it as soon as possible, best today!!!!
If the recommended setting is to have auto updates enabled then such main function can't get broken!

Where is possibile to see if Plesk Team has fixed this bug?
My Plesk Obsidian is scheduled to upgrade automatically tonight and I would like to wake up tomorrow morning without a heart attack...

disable the upgrade because it is not fixed! i think you can only look into the changelog Change Log for Plesk Obsidian and then watch out for PPP-47160 Forwarded to devs - [PPP-47160][Plesk 18.0.23 on CentOS 7] Internal error on Server-Wide Mail Settings page
I wouldn't update as long as this bug is not fixed!

It seems to me to be going back over 20 years with the waiting for the Windows 95/XP Service Pack... I hope for a better support quality for the coming release updates (and with immediate removal of the broken update-package from the repository).

Last edited:
Back