• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7.5.4 Reloaded Beta is now Available

C

chrander

I've been checking the following website every couple of days in the hopes that SWsoft would announce a new Plesk 7.5 Reloaded Beta: http://www.sw-soft.com/en/products/plesk75reloaded/beta

I'm letting everyone know that it appears on 4-Aug-2005 SWsoft released an Plesk 7.5.4 Reloaded Beta. Check it out if you are interested...

Change log doesn't mention php5 support... but it does mention the plesk frontend was re-written in php5...

Does this mean they fixed the httpd.conf file and the way it checks for php? Can I finally go back to php5?

PSA Updates!

What's new in Plesk v.7.5.4 build 75050803.19
==============================================
[+] 1. User interface rewritten in PHP5
[+] 2. Spamassassin 3.0 is now supported
[+] 3. New Site Builder Remote Administration module v. 2.0 is shipped with Plesk
[+] 4. Plesk Migration Manager can migrate resellers and user templates from Confixx platforms,
[+] 5. Fourth level subdomains can now be created and served by Plesk.
[+] 6. Ability to manage access to the control panel for Plesk clients (separate permission manageable through the control panel).
[+] 7. Plesk Migration Manager can now migrate skeletons,
[+] 8. Plesk Migration Manager can now migrate domain templates,
[+] 9. Plesk Migration Manager can now migrate domains along with domain templates,
[+] 10. Plesk Migration Manager can now migrate Spamassassin settings
[+] 11. Plesk Migration Manager can now migrate custom buttons
[+] 12. Plesk Migration Manager can now migrate Tomcat applications
[+] 13. Command Line Interface includes a new utility for managing domain templates
[+] 14. Command Line Interface includes a new utility for managing Tomcat applications
[+] 15. Command Line Interface includes a new utility for managing mailserver
[+] 16. Ability to change site application properties through API RPC
[+] 17. Ability to retrieve the content of client accounts/domains by login name through API RPC
[+] 18. AE integration with API RPC is now supported
[+] 19. Plesk supports Coldfusion 7.0
[+] 20. API to change hostname
[+] 21. Support for long (up to 63 characters) database names
[+] 22. Enhanced disk usage information
[+] 23. Multivolume backups
[+] 24. Improved statistics
[*] 25. Shell access permission management simplified
[+] 26. Skeletons support new archive types: tar, tar.gz, tgz
[-] 27. Domain template names can now be unique
[*] 28. Cosmetic changes in Session settings
[*] 29. The same login name can be used for authorization of Client and Domain Administrator without any collisions.
[*] 30. Optimization of memory usage by Psadump utility
[+] 31. PHP with additionally compiled modules in Standard builds
[+] 32. You can specify which domains to skip during backup
[+] 33. Plesk Clients can have access to API RPC for managing/reselling domains
[*] 34. Spamassassin Trainer improved
[*] 35. Site Applications can be installed to the document root
[+] 36. System Monitoring Module is shipped with Plesk
[+] 37. Battlefield 1942 Game Server Module is shipped with Plesk
[-] 38. API-RPC related issues resolved: API-RPC returns the domain status correctly, and Apache ASP and custom error documents are now handled properly.
[+] 39. New operating systems supported: RedHat EL 4, Fedora Core 3, SuSE Linux 9.3, SuSE Linux 9.3 (AMD64), Ubuntu Linux 5.04

--

Wow -- I'll now be able to install Atomic Rocket Turtle's Spamassassin v3.0 builds without having PLESK's Spamassasin support be disabled!

This is an interesting beta to me as the last few releases have directly addressed issues that I had with PLESK. Many advances for resellers and shell scripting ... and fixes on the application vault.

And they still don't say if they fixed the password > 14 chars problem. It would be nice if they did input validation on things such as passwords.... and maybe a little note next to the field as a reminder.

And no alias feature (full domain and email).

Ah well, I still have Total Domains... :D

Ohh! A nice bunch of fixes!

- System Monitoring Module
- Fourth level subdomains
- Optimization of memory usage by Psadump utility
- "Plesk’s interface in PHP5 was re-written, making the user interface work three times faster."

Great!

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
And they still don't say if they fixed the password > 14 chars problem. It would be nice if they did input validation on things such as passwords.... and maybe a little note next to the field as a reminder.

You can't physically enter more than 14 characters in the field, it doesn't let you when setting the password. Is this what you mean?

I found a few bugs with it yesterday morning, but once fixed this should be a good build. I'd imagine the RHEL4 build will be just fine on CentOS4 if you modify /etc/redhat-release - not sure why they haven't released a CentOS4 build though.

I'd imagine the RHEL4 build will be just fine on CentOS4 if you modify /etc/redhat-release - not sure why they haven't released a CentOS4 build though. [/B]

Yea, I already figured that much. Just thought it was weird they didn't include CentOS4 since its just a source build of RHEL4.. :p I haven't had time to test it yet, but am interested to see what the monitoring stuff is all about.

Trying this beta now, and the auto installer for some reason doesn't download the needed base packages (goes through the list saying 0 / 0 bytes, 100% done) etc.

Then it moves onto the psa packages without a problem. After installing all of the base packages manually, the installer went on, but the psa courier-imap package had trouble with the cyrus-imapd package, so left that off this time round.. trying it all again.

i have the same problem, it dont download the base packages....

Don't forget to report the bug to bugreport[at]sw-soft.com and it'll be fixed before the final release.

Just installed on FreeBSD 5.3, the install went fine and I love the new "watchdog" module :D

I don't have a test server to try, think you can post some screenshots of the WatchDog module? Or the system monitering tool? Whatever it is.

Also, How easy/hard is it to get php5 on therE? or have you not tried yet?

- Eric

Alcedema - Thanks! I have it in a VMware machine at home and wouldnt have been able to do that till later.

I good news is it does seem to work! I ran "killall -9 httpd" and a few minutes later apache was back up and running

Back