• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.2 Errors, Please Help

E

epre

Hi,

I made the terrible mistake of thinking a plesk minor build upgrade was safe to install.

My problems first started off with a client reporting a subdomain was not resolving.

I saw no errors in the plesk log, so I removed the subdomain, in hopes of re-adding it would solve my problem. No Luck here!!

The plesk event log reported that there was a problem with dnsmng.exe, I didnt copy the log entry, but it was something along the lines of "dnsmng::update() failed: dnsmng failed: Unknown error 0x80131501" the error was raised when plesk tried to create the NS record for the domain.

Then after further testing plesk crashed completely. The error: "ISAPI 'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\php5isapi.dll' reported itself as unhealthy. No reason was given by the ISAPI."

So now I cant access the control panel. I tried the plesk re-configurator, but to my shock and horror, this crashed too, just froze and had to be closed at the process.

Im running Win 2003, Microsoft DNS, Plesk 8.2

Sergius or OlegB, please respond. I would submit a support ticket, but I dont have a week to wait. This is in a production enviroment, and this really needs to be resolved.

Thanks

How about a refund, or do you need a support contract for this....

5 days later, ive re-added all domains, users, mailboxes... Thanks SWSoft, not only did NOBODY reply to my support ticket, bug notification ticket or forum post but having to have a new dedicated server added to our ISP's data centre, re-install all software from scratch and then re-capture all clients, domains, settings, all this while taking numerous support calls and all round flak from our customers. All this because SWSoft couldnt give a f**k about after sales service and the restore utility is way too dodgy to consider using. All this at the customers cost. Nice

Its so shocking I can only laugh at the situation. How are you still in business? Is it from the support SLA contracts you shove down your consumers throats.

We are a development house, and can completely understand that applications and update releases are never without bugs and snags, but how can your roll something out when its almost unfunctional and hasnt gone enviromental deployment testing. Is it perhaps that you prefer your customers to do the testing.

I would send this via email, but lets be honest, who's gonna read it, and its in english, so that could cause problems.

Anyone who reads this, DONT ever upgrade plesk. Rather wait for lightening to hit your servers UPS and re-install a clean installation.

Have a great day SWSoft, I know I sure did....

Back