1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8.2, Qmail & rblspp,... authenticated clients still blocked by RBLs

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by cyberskater, Feb 1, 2008.

1. cyberskater

cyberskater Guest

Hi,

plesk 8.2 qmail running & "rblspp" installed and configured, but authenticated clients still get sometimes blocked by rbl's. "rblspp" installed as described by Tomislav Randjic

qmail Plugin-Config contains this in [rcpt] part:

[rcpt]
    plugins/chkrcptto
    plugins/ifauthskip
    :plugins/rblspp -r zen.spamhaus.org

Plugins "ifauthskip" & "rblspp" are in "/var/qmail/plugins/" and readable/executable by qmail.

Files "/etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa" & "/etc/xinetd.d/smtps_psa" look like this:

service smtp
    {
    socket_type = stream
    protocol = tcp
    wait = no
    disable = no
    user = root
    instances = UNLIMITED
    server = /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env
    server_args = -Rt0 /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
    }

Any Idea? Am I missing any config part or modification?

2. faris

faris Guest

Why not use spamdyke (www.spamdyke.org) instead of fiddling with qmail patches and plugins? It installs in a few mins, and bypasses all filtering for authenticated users.

Alternatively why not set up a second smtp instance on port 587 with no dnsrbls?

3. mar3k

mar3k Guest

Use spamdyke...

I had the same problem, seems like the qmail version shipped with Plesk can't use the ifauthskip plugin. So I tried spamdyke and it is easy to configure and does what qmail should with ifauthskip plugin and more...