• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.2, Qmail & rblspp,... authenticated clients still blocked by RBLs

C

cyberskater

Hi,

plesk 8.2 qmail running & "rblspp" installed and configured, but authenticated clients still get sometimes blocked by rbl's. "rblspp" installed as described by Tomislav Randjic

qmail Plugin-Config contains this in [rcpt] part:

[rcpt]
plugins/chkrcptto
plugins/ifauthskip
:plugins/rblspp -r zen.spamhaus.org

Plugins "ifauthskip" & "rblspp" are in "/var/qmail/plugins/" and readable/executable by qmail.

Files "/etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa" & "/etc/xinetd.d/smtps_psa" look like this:

service smtp
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
disable = no
user = root
instances = UNLIMITED
server = /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env
server_args = -Rt0 /var/qmail/bin/relaylock /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /var/qmail/bin/smtp_auth /var/qmail/bin/true /var/qmail/bin/cmd5checkpw /var/qmail/bin/true
}

Any Idea? Am I missing any config part or modification?

Why not use spamdyke (www.spamdyke.org) instead of fiddling with qmail patches and plugins? It installs in a few mins, and bypasses all filtering for authenticated users.

Alternatively why not set up a second smtp instance on port 587 with no dnsrbls?

Use spamdyke...

I had the same problem, seems like the qmail version shipped with Plesk can't use the ifauthskip plugin. So I tried spamdyke and it is easy to configure and does what qmail should with ifauthskip plugin and more...

Back