• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.3 Beta Program

8.3 No Admin Access & Console Shuts Down

I have a new Windows server that I installed Beta 2 on yesterday. Following the install reboot the control panel did not start so i was unable to access the admin.

I manually started the control panel but access to the admin said 'service unavailable'.

Then the control panel turned itself off. If I turn it on and do nothing it will run for a couple of minutes then turn itself off again.

I have never installed Plesk before.

QoS was installed prior to install.
FTP was not

Here is what was loaded on the server prior to install;

Window Server Standard 2003, SP2
ColdFusion 8
ISAPI Rewrite 3

Any idea what went wrong and how I could get a correct install.

Thanks!

My suggestion is, wait 2 more days and the 8.3 Stable version will be released. 20th of Dec is the release day for Plesk 8.3 for Windows

Agreed. Is uninstalling and reinstalling ever a problem? I can wipe the box if I have to, but would rather not.

I would wipe the server fresh before installing a stable version of Plesk 8.3, uninstalling plesk should be just fine but not 100% I think.

I have a new Windows server that I installed Beta 2 on yesterday. Following the install reboot the control panel did not start so i was unable to access the admin.

I manually started the control panel but access to the admin said 'service unavailable'.

Then the control panel turned itself off. If I turn it on and do nothing it will run for a couple of minutes then turn itself off again.

I have never installed Plesk before.

QoS was installed prior to install.
FTP was not

Here is what was loaded on the server prior to install;

Window Server Standard 2003, SP2
ColdFusion 8
ISAPI Rewrite 3

Any idea what went wrong and how I could get a correct install.

Thanks!

Please try to fix permissions for ISAPI Rewrite as following:
1. run Start > All Programs > SWsoft > Plesk > Plesk Reconfigurator
2. select Check component and folder permissions
3. click browse and find ISAPI Rewrite installation folder
4. click Check
5. try Plesk again

Sergius, but the 8.3 stable will be released in 2 days right? Pls let me know cause I am waiting for it ;-)

O.k. I fixed the persmissions for ISAPI Rewrite per your instructions.

Still have the same problem.

When I try to access Plesk Admin I get a 'service unavailable' page. Then the control panel shuts down.

When I turn the control panel back on, it stay on for a little over a minute, then shuts off again.

O.k. I fixed the persmissions for ISAPI Rewrite per your instructions.

Still have the same problem.

When I try to access Plesk Admin I get a 'service unavailable' page. Then the control panel shuts down.

When I turn the control panel back on, it stay on for a little over a minute, then shuts off again.

dndco,

Thank you for the report. Please sent me PM if issue will appear on Plesk 8.3 release.

O.k. I will.

Should I uninstall Beta 2 or will I be able to install the 8.3 release over it as if I were upgrading?

And what about the 40-50 websites we have already created in the server using Plesk 8.3 beta? Do you want us to delete those websites and recreate again after installing the full release? I think there should be a better way.

qualispace, why did you create ANY accounts on plesk BETA? As you know BETA is not a stable version and swsoft is telling you NOT to use it in production enviroment. So please don't blame Sergius. Please just wait till tomorrow till the stable 8.3 version is released.

Thanks

By the way Sergius, what time US time will you release the 8.3 version tomorrow? Please let me know if possible.

Thanks

hey, it's still the 19th out here on the west coast :)

can i install this 8.3 final release over the top of a working 8.2 install? i guess there is usually an upgrade path somewhere with plesk.

yes you will be able to run the 8.3 install over the 8.2 without any problems.

Back