• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.4 - what's new?

Perhaps they have decided to listen to our feedback and fix the the Awstats bug and remove the Parallels advertising? :)

Perhaps they have decided to listen to our feedback and fix the the Awstats bug and remove the Parallels advertising? :)

Fixing Awstats Bug => maybe
Removing ads => i don't think so
Adding more ads => why not :)

they listen to feedback?
lol, i'm surprised how some people can still keep dreaming.
i eventually stopped about a year ago, when plesk 8.2 was released and the half-announced postfix support still wasnt there.
enough.

I was just peaking around the forum to laugh a while. Im so glad we moved away from Plesk. I see the problems not only stay but increase. Plesk is a very poor programming and for those that did not found out yet Plesk 8.4 was quickly retired because it contains besides the usual bugs an AMAZING security whole which lets you root directly into a server and you dont need to be a computer engineer to find it out.

What wonders me is that the CEO itself or someone impersonating him has replied in this forum. It seems Parallels found out they actually had a community going on.

And i see the ads for Virtuozzo are getting bigger with each version. I suppose they are really afraid now that Microsoft has warned them that each VPS need a OS license and the big move of Microsoft into the Virtualization arena. As for Virtuozzo, its just OpenVZ free. Big companies and enterprise applications would not even play with Virtuozzo they would just use the daddy VMware. I put all this so Parallels realizes that their products are actually to heavy priced tagged for the quality they serve a client. And i remember a interview of Sergei where he said Virtuozzo was way better since it was a virtualization on the application layer opposed as hardware virtualization like Parallels. Imagine that, and not only did Sw Soft actually bought then Parallels but they changed their name to it. That just proofs how other products are actually way better. I wonder which technology invented Parallels in the first way since Plesk was from Confix as well...

Yes indeed, if you've found a vulnerability let us know about it.

And Plesk didn't come from Confixx. Im a founder or Plesk, and I think I would have noticed that :p

an AMAZING security whole

...hmmm....? You're not referring to my slightly tongue in cheek suggestion that there might be a security hole that caused it to be withdrawn are you? If so, that really was more of a bit of devilment than anything else, when I wrote it I hadn't any information to back up such a suggestion.

Remember: you can't believe everything you read.
[Freddy Starr didn't really eat my hamster. -- please, if you don't get this reference, you're not missing anything!!]

...hmmm....? You're not referring to my slightly tongue in cheek suggestion that there might be a security hole that caused it to be withdrawn are you?

no i referring to the post from nibb:

I was just peaking around the forum to laugh a while. Im so glad we moved away from Plesk. I see the problems not only stay but increase. Plesk is a very poor programming and for those that did not found out yet Plesk 8.4 was quickly retired because it contains besides the usual bugs an AMAZING security whole which lets you root directly into a server and you dont need to be a computer engineer to find it out.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We need to block access to 8.4 Autoinstaller for couple of days.
During this time, those who has managed to upgrade the product will not be able to get other updates.
Please check the official announcements on the Parallels site.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Your last announcement on forum is 1.5 years old :)

http://forum.swsoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

And i couldn't find any announcement on parallels site. Please give us link of that announcement..

i am surprised that there are no changes between the version that now is released and the version last week !?

i am surprised that there are no changes between the version that now is released and the version last week !?

In the absence of evidence to the contrary I've decided that it was pulled because the updated web pages weren't ready. It's as good a reason as any, and it accounts for no apparent difference in the rpms since the re-release.

Back