• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8

Aliasing...

Well, I get to retire alias4psa.sh in that case =)

Attached if anyone has interest in a domain aliasing script for PLESK that isn't the PowerToys thing (which I don't like or trust since it screwed up named a few times)

Originally posted by nb__
You don't like qmail? Why you whish postfix?

I find Qmail more confusing than sendmail, but I guess it has to do with what you're used to. Have worked with Sendmail, Postfix,MS Exchange before and with those experiences, Qmail is quite hard to get.

feedback from SWSoft for thr Realesdate:
End of Feb optimistically

Do they want monay for the Update? I got Plesk 7.5.4 on my dedicated root server which i got from 1&1 in germany.

I dont know ;-) its from my provider ;) i hope they will give us free updates ;-)

Originally posted by society
I dont know ;-) its from my provider ;) i hope they will give us free updates ;-)

They actually will, but not as soon as the update has been released... unfortunately.

My biggest wish would be to move out this stupid port-connection 8443. I can't reach my plesk from any business computer.. thats very annoying!!

Originally posted by cyrus1u1
My biggest wish would be to move out this stupid port-connection 8443. I can't reach my plesk from any business computer.. thats very annoying!!
You cant move it to port 443 as you wouldnt be able to host any sites using SSL certs.

here are any other newsi heard:

- Plesk Desktop feature with Tasks, Favorites and Shortcuts.
- Interface customization on per client basis. Templates.
- Improved Virtuozzo integration. Autoinstaller for Virtuozzo.
- Domain aliases.
- Acronis TrueImage Module.
- New Backup Utility, restore from previous versions.
- Autoinstaller V3*.
- Qmail queue management interface.
- Remote database management (Centralized database).
- SPF support for Qmail (another anti spam solution).
- Watchdog 2.
- Mac OS X support.
- Internal Redesign for faster support of new OSes.

Originally posted by PaulC
You cant move it to port 443 as you wouldnt be able to host any sites using SSL certs.

yeah but i'm using sites with SSL.. i can't believe that plesk has been established so well without including essential functions...

cyrus1u1, what you're saying doesn't make any sense. Plesk runs it's own version of Apache & PHP, seperate from the Apache & PHP version that runs your hosting account.

Obviously if you run a server, you should know that you can't run two applications on the same port at the same time.

Your "essential" feature is rediculous because it means that you want to run Plesk on the same instance of Apache & PHP as your hosting accounts. I see no point in this because it would force you to basically install Plesk in one directory / location.

~Matt Simpson

Originally posted by matt.simpson
cyrus1u1, what you're saying doesn't make any sense. Plesk runs it's own version of Apache & PHP, seperate from the Apache & PHP version that runs your hosting account.

Obviously if you run a server, you should know that you can't run two applications on the same port at the same time.

Your "essential" feature is rediculous because it means that you want to run Plesk on the same instance of Apache & PHP as your hosting accounts. I see no point in this because it would force you to basically install Plesk in one directory / location.

~Matt Simpson

Yeah I now that pretty well, which is why if i set plesk from 8443 on 443 SSL won't work anymore.

thats not the only essential feature.. i used confixx and everything went fine, I could manage my accounts from my workplace, the clients had the possibility of domain aliasing, etc.. well the second point apparently is gonna be fixed..

anyhow.. thats not the topic..

i think the only solution is, to define e second ip on the server for plesk to use the ssl port.

when this is possible, then you can point f.e

https://plesk.doman.tld to this ip and all your problems are solved....

plesk = whatever you want....
domain.tld = domain of your customers...

As zeki79 says above you could bind the Plesk apache install to dedicated IP by editing /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpd.conf

I'd rather not waste an extra IP per server tho, we only have a handful of people who have had problems and they are able to get the port open no problems.

If you have other ports open on your firewall that Plesk doesnt create sockets on then you could use one of those ports as well.

Originally posted by zeki79
here are any other newsi heard:

- Plesk Desktop feature with Tasks, Favorites and Shortcuts.
- Interface customization on per client basis. Templates.
- Improved Virtuozzo integration. Autoinstaller for Virtuozzo.
- Domain aliases.
- Acronis TrueImage Module.
- New Backup Utility, restore from previous versions.
- Autoinstaller V3*.
- Qmail queue management interface.
- Remote database management (Centralized database).
- SPF support for Qmail (another anti spam solution).
- Watchdog 2.
- Mac OS X support.
- Internal Redesign for faster support of new OSes.

Heard anything (or can you ask) about these features?

PHP 5.1.x support?
MySQL 5.x support?
PostgreSQL 8.1.x support?

Originally posted by acidbox
Heard anything (or can you ask) about these features?

PHP 5.1.x support?
MySQL 5.x support?
PostgreSQL 8.1.x support?

I need this too.

I would be delighted with MySQL 4.1 to start with I'm still on 3.*
:(
Geza

Back