• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8

Does it !??

Is there anything you need to look out for when you upgrade your MySQL to 4.1*

???

All it is that how PLesk 7.5.4 was installed on our deicated server out of the box was with MySql 3.22

I'm not a linux plesk wizard so I left it as it was ,,

Is It a straigt forward thing to upgrade from 3.22 to 4.1???

Thank you :)

Geza

With given - What Next?

How does SW-Soft create forums for a product yet to be released either in beta or otherwise?

Great to let everyone know, but we are still attempting to resolve issues with 7.5.4r and here we go again.

Why not resolve open issues with current products/problems such as open tickets with 7.5.4 Reloaded before introducing a product we will all be required to purchase upgrades to?

Who are we dealing with? SW-Soft or 4PSA?

pay?

you mean you have to pay for updating 7.4 to 8?? that will be rediculus...

plesk 8 beta is released for partners.. was released 17th feb. only possible to download for suse and fedora2 and 4..

The beta is currently private to partners. I'm sure it will be released public soon.

Man I wish they'd get this show on the road. I hope it has a lot of the latest server apps, web apps, and so forth built-in. Is there an online list of the changes/features in some retrospect available anywhere? I can't find one.

with some help from google you will find:

Major new features include:

Plesk Desktop - Now administrators and clients have quick access to major management functions and they have immediate access to mission critical information and statistics. The task oriented design also allows administrators to create "favorites" and "shortcuts".

Customizable Interface Templates - In this new release, administrators can customize templates that can be assigned to individual users. This dynamic new features makes the interface straight forward, easy to understand and intuitive.

Improved Virtuozzo Integration – Now, Virtuozzo and Plesk are seamlessly integrated which allows hosting providers to manage more customers more efficiently. Virtuozzo lets you create isolated compartments, which allow you to handle customers in a more secure and reliable environment.

Domain Aliases - This new feature lets domain administrators set up alternative domain names which act as nicknames for websites and e-mail addresses.

Watchdog 2 – A new version of the software's system monitoring module which monitors diskspace, checks for security problems (Trojans), shows CPU/memory usage statistics and creates reports in case there are usage problems and much more.

Acronis True Image Module - Plesk now comes with a new ATIS module. Using this module, administrators can create server disk backup images without interrupting server operations and perform easy and fast recovery of the entire system.

New Back Up Utility - The improved domain/restore utilities let administrators backup and restore client accounts. Also, administrators can select which client's domains and information to backup/restore. Now domains can be completely restored with the properties they had during the backup. New Backup utilities allow administrators to restore from any version of Plesk which can be valuable for migration/upgrades.

Autoinstaller V3 – This improved feature lets administrators deploy and upgrade multiple servers in an efficient, cost effective manner. The new architecture allows for improved dependencies tracking and increased speed during installation/upgrade. All of this makes the support of new OSes simpler and easier.

More New Features:
Qmail Queue Management Interface
Remote Database Management (Centralized Database)
SPF Support for Qmail (Anti-spam Solution)
MacOS X Support
Faster Support for New OSes
Enhanced support with Table of Contents and References
Welcome screen
PhpMyAdmin for Admin's databases

Does that mean, March 31st, or generally as most software releases, the monday of the last week I wonder? hmm.

Well, no matter, I still have to wait for 1&1 to support my upgrading to it. I am curious to what MacOSX support is included and what that means specifically.

I have been considering doing a upgrade on a number of my boxes, like a new re-image and updated Fedora or other choice of distros. So, the timing is good, hopefully I will have access to this and can plan on an upgrade in the next 60 days.

Originally posted by devindull
Does that mean, March 31st, or generally as most software releases, the monday of the last week I wonder? hmm.

it means the second half of april, if we're lucky :p

Back