• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.0.1 / Any changes ?

Markus_Eyrich

Basic Pleskian
Hey there...

Anyone of you already updated to 9.0.1 ? Are there any changes regarding info@ mailboxes, postfix queue file write error, mailman not working etc ?! There are/were a lot of bugs all regarding this...

regards,

Markus

Well and on my part the firewall got borked. Apparently they're aware of this:

http://kb.odin.com/en/5994

But the resolution didn't do anything on my Suse11.0 64bit installation. The module was already loaded. The error persists. Anybody to reproduce this? Can't see the connection between a kernel ip filter related module and the php mktime error message. But hey, I'm no software developer.

Glad to learn anything that would fix this as I am loading my firewall rules manually now. Is there a way to easily downgrade the package to 9.0.0 when it still worked? Like some kind of

rpm -u http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_9....ll-1.0.1-suse11.0.build90081117.17.x86_64.rpm

If I was such a unix god, I wouldn't be paying a nickel for Plesk. Anytime there's an update I get scared to do it. Will it fix more than it breaks? Geez..

timber

The same forewall problem

New install of 9.0.1 onto redhat ES4.7 and firewall is failing with the same error

When you go looking for the module it is not on disk, Is this an OS module or something the plesk firewall module should have installed ?

As one of you pointed out, not very pleaseing. I wonder if Panel is coded agasint so many platforms thay don't have time to test it properly.

I could not get the auto-installer to move on the install under Redat 5.3, it kept complaing about versions of a file/library, I gave up and switched back to ES4

Sorry, but nobody tried the update and checked for all the other errors ? Postfix queue file write error, mailan and so on ?! Helllooooo, anyone?

I upgraded a RHEL4 server from Plesk 8.2.1 to 9.0.1 this morning. Mail died completely, and I spent many hours troubleshooting the problem, trying different fixes throughout the forum and KB. Finally, ThePlanet (thank God for a company that's actually willing to support Plesk!) was able to help by diagnosing the issues as related to an ALTERNATE PORT setting for SMTP we created several years ago. Disabling that alternate port, then "service postfix start" - and I'm back up and running again.

I don't see anything else wrong with 9.0.1 (yet), except for the crappy new skin which makes it harder to get access to the things I actually use (multiple clicks & scrolling).

Do you use Dr. Web, Domainkeys and/or SPF ? I had Problems with Postfix and Dr.Web/Domainkeys...queue file write errors 'a mass' ...

Nope. We've had trouble with anything fancy like that anyway, so it's not worth futzing about with.

Discovered this morning that the RDNS filter (with only zen.spamhaus.com enabled) was preventing AUTHENTICATED users from sending outgoing email via SMTP. Had to disable that in order to get the business back up and running. I am so sick of Plesk issues.

We did this update last Thursday, our system is still offline, that's 6 days now. Vital deamons wont start up anymore,.. actually, pretty much nothing wil work. Plesk doesn't even start up. Can't even SSH into the box. I had to use Webmin to be able to get to the files on the old box.

It seems that every update screwed up something new. I am seriously getting sick of this product. This is costing us huge amounts of money. We had to purchase a new server, pay for engineers to get the data transfered to the new box. And now still nothing will work because the new box doesn't have 9.0.1 but 8.6.0, and it seems the hosting company doesn't want to upgrade to 9.0.1 (geezzzz,.. I wonder why!!)

We have used Cpanel in the past, and even just Webmin. Not as "user friendly", but 1000% more reliable. Sure, we have had a few issues with Cpanel, but nothing remotely close to the huge list of problems Plesk has thrown at us.

Plesk has turned out to literally be a Killer App. Avoid this update,.. and if possible,.. avoid this product.

Discovered this morning that the RDNS filter (with only zen.spamhaus.com enabled) was preventing AUTHENTICATED users from sending outgoing email via SMTP. Had to disable that in order to get the business back up and running. I am so sick of Plesk issues.

That's not a Plesk issue. You shouldn't be using zen.spamhaus.org on the port your users are using to send mail, you should be using sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.

Last edited:
I suppose I should comment on this a bit. I have generally been fairly critical of Plesk over the years, and while I definitely don't agree with their new licensing policy at all (in fact it's nearly robbery) and this silly move towards "leasing" software, I have had far fewer problems with Plesk 9.0.1 than most previous releases. The interface is better (once you get rid of the silly Vista theme), it's more responsive, it's more secure, and there are far fewer bugs than (in my experience) most previous releases.

Info / Tips:
- I don't know what OS's you are all using, but we use RHEL4 and RHEL5
- I've upgraded two Plesk 8.2 servers to Plesk 9.0.1 with almost no problems (accept that the first night it turned off all domains that were over their limits because it doesn't enable the allow overuse after an upgrade, which is stupid)
- I've upgraded from Plesk 8.6 to Plesk 9.0.1
- I've done a fresh install of Plesk 9.0.1
- I've used the backup and restore features
- I use QMail.
- I only install what I need (not everything).
- I read the KB before doing any major changes.

~Matt

Back