• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.0 when?

Hi there,
we installed Plesk 9 Beta last week but we are missing the option to use Postfix as our favorite mail server. Is there a possibility to activate Postfix already?

Kindest regards,
Christian

Ah, good to know that. We installed Plesk 9 Beta in a virtual machine and I was already wondering whether I forgot something during installation. Thanks for your reply :)

Any way to fix the locale file for 9.0 beta so that it will install on a server running Expand? I have it installed (brute forced it quite a bit) but don't have any language labels for the new buttons etc...

Postfix

#3 makes me too happy. I want to dance. The worst part of plesk was always qmail. It took 9 versions but I'm glad it has finally come.

PHP over Fast CGI - does this mean that php will be run under the current user and not apache or?

greylisting is no longer as effective as it was even a year ago for us. rbls/no-rdns/rnds-does-not-resolve rules catch the largest proportion of spammers on our servers at least. Basically the only spam that ever gets as far as spamassassin for us is sent via legit mailservers. So don't worry too much about that assuming our experience is anything to go by.

PHP over FastCGI -yes, runs as the ftp user not apache, but at the expense of significantly increased memory usage (I think).

Faris.

Its only effective against MTA's that don't retry sending messages. Zombie mailers, etc. So for our anti-spam appliances its only about 5%, vs an RBL like zen.spamhaus.org which has been more like 30-40%.

That being said, there are multiple greylisting packages available for plesk, since version 5.0. qgreylist from my archive, haggybear did a graphical plugin, and bret messier's version to name a few.

Yes, this is true. This is also my experience (and several others) when using my patch http://forum.swsoft.com/showthread.php?t=53864 for 8.6

If you have a heavy loaded webserver using mod_php, DON'T change to php through fastcgi. Your server will eventually begin to swap, and start dying. If you install double or more the amount of current RAM, you will have a good chance though :)

It'll probably be released at that developers conference SWSoft is holding in February.

Back