• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk admin role change by mistake

@rus8jamp I still don't understand how this could have happened, and it would be useful to know what exact steps you took when this happened so we can replicate this issue.

In the meantime you can try to run plesk repair db via SSH to see if that fixes the issue?

root password
and admin password deferent but after login redirect same panel
access
That first screenshot seems to give a hint to what happened: There are two accounts named admin (how is that even possible??), and the user ends up as the lesser privileged one.

As we are not getting further here and noone here including me in a test environment were able to reproduce the issue, I suggest to open a support ticket so that a support engineer can check the case directly on the server. If you have purchased a license from a reseller, please start a support subscription as described here:
You can use the free 30-day-trial period.
It would be good if you could please also let me know the support ticket number in a private message once the case has been opened.

i am try but its not work
-----------------------------
Dear Customer, Thank you for choosing Plesk! Your unique Plesk activation code(s) are: ....-TY5F62 Your unique Plesk license key number(s) are: PLSK......

I don't understand what you mean that something doesn't work. If you bought your license through Plesk directly, you can simply go to https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to open a new request entering in your PLSK key to open a ticket with Plesk. If you didn't bought your Plesk key from Plesk but from a third party reseller, go through the link Peter provided to purchase a support plan (you get 30 days for free so you can take advantage of that) to attach a support plan to your PLSK key then go to that support request page and submit a ticket.

I don't understand what you mean that something doesn't work. If you bought your license through Plesk directly, you can simply go to https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to open a new request entering in your PLSK key to open a ticket with Plesk. If you didn't bought your Plesk key from Plesk but from a third party reseller, go through the link Peter provided to purchase a support plan (you get 30 days for free so you can take advantage of that) to attach a support plan to your PLSK key then go to that support request page and submit a ticket.
you think simply please do it
Dear Customer, Thank you for choosing Plesk! Your unique Plesk activation code(s) are: [redacted] Your unique Plesk license key number(s) are: PLSK [redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:
@Suntruth Why you cannot open a support ticket is a similar big mystery to me as the case itself. The case needs to be examined on your server, there is nothing else that can be done at this time. If your license key is valid and bought directly from Plesk, support is available. If your license key is of Web Admin Edition and the first 30 days have passed, support is only available as a support subscription, but in that case, please simply start a subscription and use the free 30 day trial period on that. Either way it is possible to open a ticket.

Hello sir
I am waiting last many day's please provide solutions
How to reset admin profile settings with commend line
Please help me sir

And one more thing
For solution upgrade key ?
It's possible to solve my problem?

I cannot provide a proper command as long as I do not understand how this could have happened in the first place. Noone here was able to reproduce the situation so an engineer needs to look into your machine. Please open a ticket with Plesk support for that.

Back