• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup/Restore Problem (SmarterMail)

R

RonaldT

i do a backup (with plesk backup manager) on one domain and now i try to restore only the emails (i use Plesk 9.2.1 and SmarterMail 4.x). I can see all the MSG files in the backup files but Plesk can't restore my email inside the Mailbox of SmarterMail any ideas?????????

And i try to restore the MSG file manually and try to convert to EML file, because SmarterMail can read/import EML file ... but no software can read "THE PLESK MSG FILE" ... it's like in a wrong format ... weird !!!!!

So i want to know how to convert MSG PLESK FILE ... to real MSG Files ... OR EML Files ?

I HAVE A LOT OF BIG EMAILS INSIDE !!! HELP ME !!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advanced for your help

UPDATE :

Now I know the mail file (MSG) are crypted, so can i decrypted manually with the backup GUID ??

I REALLY NEED TO KNOW HOW ... IT'S VERY URGENT !!!!

RonaldT,

Did you tried Plesk mail content restore utility located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\BackupUtils>PSAMailrestore.exe

Try it and let me know if it not help.

Thanks for you help Igor ...

I try those lines :

psamailrestore --dump=C:\SmarterMail\Domains\daniellebellerose.com\Users\moncourriel\Inbox --account=daniellebellerose.com
or
psamailrestore --dump=C:\SmarterMail\Domains\daniellebellerose.com\Users\moncourriel\Inbox --account=C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Backup\clients\aspixmedia\domains\daniellebellerose.com
or
psamailrestore --dump=C:\Temp --account=C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Backup\clients\aspixmedia\domains\daniellebellerose.com

I have always this warning : "Warning:Accounts are not given. Please enter valid accounts information manually :"
so i enter : daniellebellerose.com or clients\aspixmedia\domains\daniellebellerose.com or anything else
and it gave me this error :

Warning 31/10/2009 06:36:37.343 :
Exception ignored:
(
System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at PsaMailBackupRestoreCommon.Utils.ReadXmlFromConsole()
)
( Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. )

Can i have a list of the parameters ?? Because i try "psamailrestore /?" .. but that don't work.

Waiting for response .. thanks

UPDATED : Plesk Backup/Restore Problem (SmarterMail)

i found that :
psamailrestore --help
and found the parameters

but still having problems :
it try that :
psamailrestore --dump=C:\Temp --account-file=C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Backup\clients\aspixmedia\domains\daniellebellerose.com
have the error with "PROGRAM FILES"

so i try that :
psamailrestore --dump=C:\Temp --account-file=C:\Progra~1\SWsoft\Plesk\Backup\clients\aspixm~1\domains\daniel~1\

have this error in the log file :
-----------------------------Exception_handled--------------------------------
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Backup\clients\aspixmedia\domains\daniel~1'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Backup\clients\aspixmedia\domains\daniel~1'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
at PSAMailrestore.Mailrestore.Main(String[] args)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RonaldT,

I have discussed with developers and they have informed me that correct mail restore can be performed only with restoring whole domain/client backup. MSG is our internal format and can be correctly restored only with full restoring. There is not so easy to use psamailrestore utility mentioned by me above. This utility for internal Plesk operation but not for using it by Plesk owner. So, problem should be investigated more deeply with reading logs, etc. And it is required access on your server for the further investigation. Therefore if it is really important for you - please submit corresponding ticket to Parallels Support Team. I think that it would be better solution.

I post a reply on the Nov 3 .. but it's not appear or approved .. why ?

Here the last log I got after trying restored the hold domain :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result status="success"><object name="daniellebellerose.com" type="domain"><object name="[email protected]" type="mailname"><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>plesk::ExecCmd::reportError</context><file>.\ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>65</line><text>Execution of "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\bin\spamassassin.exe" --update [email protected] -reject-spam false -hits 7 -modify-subj-text *****SPAM***** -report-text "" failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Unable to update SpamAssassin settings for mail account "[email protected]": Individual spam filtering settings are not allowed by server administrator
</text></message></object></object></execution-result>

Waiting for you reply .. thanks ..

Ronald,

Plesk tries to set up SpamAssassin individual settings on mailbox, but it is not possible cause individual spam filtering settings are not allowed by server administrator. Therefore you can just disable personal setting for spamassassin for resolving this problem.

I disabled SPF on the account, now i don't have anymore the error in the log file
if i choose the second option "Using the current system configuration and data backup" in the restore conflict.

And if choose the first option "Using the configuration and data backup", the error in the log file is back.

And in both options, the mails are not restored !!!!

Ronald,

I strongly recommend you submit ticket to Support Team if it is really important for you. It is very difficult to find solution for this problem via forum discussion and without access to this Plesk server.

Back