• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backups

TerryM

Regular Pleskian
Hi

We have found an issue with plesk backups, if I click the Save button from the control panel for some reason it copies the backup to: /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp however on some systems, eg. our dedicated root server from 1and1 the /usr partition is only 4.7GB and we only have 1.2GB available. Well some of our sites are 4GB in size and this then makes our /usr partition run out of space???

How do we work around this please? as surely it should just download or use the copy from /var/lib/psa/dumps which is already on the system. Why does it need to make a copy???

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Terry

Hi

We have found an issue with plesk backups, if I click the Save button from the control panel for some reason it copies the backup to: /usr/local/psa/PMM/tmp however on some systems, eg. our dedicated root server from 1and1 the /usr partition is only 4.7GB and we only have 1.2GB available. Well some of our sites are 4GB in size and this then makes our /usr partition run out of space???

How do we work around this please? as surely it should just download or use the copy from /var/lib/psa/dumps which is already on the system. Why does it need to make a copy???

Thanks
Terry

Also all of our backups show the time of 12:01am??? as when it creates the backups the files actually never get the correct time, or plesk backup manager is not using our scheduled times??? Any ideas. We are using Plesk 9.0.0.2 on FedoraCore6 x86-64???

Hi

Thanks
Terry

Hi, you can modify the dump path in your psa.conf
/etc/psa # grep -i dump psa.conf
DUMP_D /srv/backup/psa/dumps

Brujo

Hi, you can modify the dump path in your psa.conf
/etc/psa # grep -i dump psa.conf
DUMP_D /srv/backup/psa/dumps

Brujo

Hi

This works fine but if I click the save button it still tries to copy to the other directory on our /usr partition. It seems that Plesk needs to copy it to tmp first :(

Any ideas

Thanks

maybe you have to restart once the plesk service, it works on all my 1&1 servers like this, another is to split the backup in 1Gig packets

maybe you have to restart once the plesk service, it works on all my 1&1 servers like this, another is to split the backup in 1Gig packets

Hi

We have tried everything, rebooting, everything.

however our /usr partition only has 4.7gb total and 1.2gb free, so we need to work out how to move this tmp dir to our /var partition :(

Thanks

Back