• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Bugs and lack of support

S

samb

One of the biggest regrets i have is changing over to plesk from Hosting Controller. it has caused us nothing but grief and continual problems not to mention the dollars we have dished out and now it looks like we have no choice but to go back to hosting controller after 6 months of nightmares. We now have customers leaving us after years of providing them good service as they cannot handle it anymore, and neither can we. I am dumbfounded with the lack of support, its been 48 hours since we paid for and lodged a support request and one tech looked at it and referred it to second level and we havent heard anything for 36 hours now!!! if we ran our business like this we wouldnt have any customers!

the major problems we have are folder permissions changing for no reason, ftp settings changing for no reason and now we have a problem with the w3wp.exe iwam_plesk Usr using 100% cpu

One of the biggest regrets i have is changing over to plesk from Hosting Controller. it has caused us nothing but grief and continual problems not to mention the dollars we have dished out and now it looks like we have no choice but to go back to hosting controller after 6 months of nightmares. We now have customers leaving us after years of providing them good service as they cannot handle it anymore, and neither can we. I am dumbfounded with the lack of support, its been 48 hours since we paid for and lodged a support request and one tech looked at it and referred it to second level and we havent heard anything for 36 hours now!!! if we ran our business like this we wouldnt have any customers!

the major problems we have are folder permissions changing for no reason, ftp settings changing for no reason and now we have a problem with the w3wp.exe iwam_plesk Usr using 100% cpu

You tried repairing the plesk permissions through the plesk reconfig tool?

Also I know what you mean with the lack of support, although I don't deal with them directly, I know how long it takes to hear back from them. Keep positive and hopefully things will look up for ya.

Back