• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Plesk dead during update

J

jmzenker

Guest
Was updating to 8.1.1.
plesk stopped updating with mysql error (can't connect...).
Now I can't access plesk any more; I only get an empty window. At the sime time, I can't send/receive e-mails anymore because I can't authenticate.

here are the error messages from the autoinstaller:

Trying to start MySQL server... done
Waiting for start mysql daemon.. ..done
Trying to establish test connection... connected
===> Installing psa database
Trying to check psa database... Trying to find psa database...
Trying to connect with admin account... connected
Trying to check psa database version... version is 0800
DATABASE ERROR!!!
Previous product version is , but previous database
version is 0800. In most of cases it is result of
previous upgrade try failure. Please, restore previous version
from backup, and try again or contact technical support.

ERROR while trying to check database version
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa_8.1.1_suse9.3.build81070322.16_installing.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %post(psa-8.1.1-suse9.3.build81070322.16) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
ERROR: Error while execute command rpm -U /root/swsoft/PSA_8.1.1/dist-rpm-SuSE-9.3-i386/base/psa-8.1.1-suse9.3.build81070322.16.i586.rpm
Errors just before:
- Error while execute command rpm -U /root/swsoft/PSA_8.1.1/dist-rpm-SuSE-9.3-i386/base/psa-8.1.1-suse9.3.build81070322.16.i586.rpm

ERROR: Installation failed
 
Originally posted by jmzenker
DATABASE ERROR!!!
Previous product version is , but previous database
version is 0800. In most of cases it is result of
previous upgrade try failure. Please, restore previous version
from backup
If I were you I'd follow the instructions given in this error message.

ERROR while trying to check database version
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa_8.1.1_suse9.3.build81070322.16_installing.log), fix and try again
Dic you check this log file for errors that might help in torubleshooting the problem? Suse v9.x can be real pain to fix.
 
Back
Top