• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Extension - Let's Encrypt for default Plesk Certificate

x.wolverine.x

New Pleskian
Dear all,

Im running: 12.5.30 Update #56 on CentOS 6.7
I'm using the Plesk Extension - Let's Encrypt for my Domais, it worked like a charm.
But I'm trying to run let's encrypt extension to manage the default root Certificate for my Server.
Is it possible to add a default server Certificate managed by the let's encrypt extension under "Tool & Settings => SSL Certificates"?

Thank you

It is possible in Plesk Onyx:

1. Create your domain in Plesk, the same as your server hostname.
2. Go to Extensions > Let's Encrypt, and create your certificate for your domain. (Just writing your email, no checkboxes needed).
3. Then go to Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates and set your certificate on "Certificate for securing Plesk" option.
4. Logout, reload and login.

Screenshot at янв. 10 10-13-43.png

Also you can install the Plesk Security Advisor extension in the Extensions menu in Plesk: https://www.plesk.com/extensions/security-advisor/
It will switch on HTTPS (SSL) & HTTP/2 for all domains on the server and secures Plesk itself. Also it takes care of migrating WordPress sites to HTTPS.

Hi IgorG,

thank you for your replay. Then I will have to inform myself about Onyx, and findout the diffrence between it and web pro.

Best regards

Back