• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk is so slow

Here is something interesting; login page loads so fast in less than a second. But the login process takes about 15 seconds.

Last edited:
@Guillermo Rey, it's in /var/log/plesk/panel.log

@WSNHosting Yes I have that error in the log and the datacenter who set this VPS up told me that they disabled automatic license retrieval because of abusive usage they've seen and when the renewal time comes; they do it manually.

I don't know if it has any effect on the panel operation because I always had this error in the log but the panel is slow only for the last 3 months.

Hi TurabG,

the datacenter who set this VPS up told me that they disabled automatic license retrieval because of abusive usage they've seen and when the renewal time comes; they do it manually.
And how do they explain your error message? Should you now check every month that the license has been successfully manually renewed ? :rolleyes:

Whenever Plesk warns me about the license period; they update the settings; let Plesk update the license file and then revert it back.

I am having the same issue, all websites run very normal but plesk very very slow. It needs around 1 min to go from one page to an other. It used to be very fast. Server load goes from 02-04. Server has 8 cores, 32 ram and 750 gb ssd.

I am having the same issue, all websites run very normal but plesk very very slow. It needs around 1 min to go from one page to an other. It used to be very fast. Server load goes from 02-04. Server has 8 cores, 32 ram and 750 gb ssd.

It's about your license. maybe license you are using is expired. Try to view panel log that located in /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log . (tail -f /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log)

Reactions: Pim
I had the same problem and my panel was so slow and when I checked my license in Plesk License Management, there was no problem and my license had enough time, but in the log file (/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log) there was too many errors and when i updated my license, everything is good, thanks to useful posts here

Well I've the same problem. Domainlist is loading really slow, some other panel sites like the settings also. Creating a domain takes a lot of time. CPU is pretty low, like 3%
I tried to force disable debug and all the stuff explained here, but no difference. I tried a fresh install on a test server with the same specs same problem under 17.5
License was a trial.
No license errors or other errors in panel.log

Last edited:
This is anectodal (no hard evidence...) but I too have started experiencing veeeery slow responses from the Plesk administrative interface (and sometimes it plainly get stuck and I have to log-in anew), *BUT* I have the strong feeling that this have been in coincidence with the installation of the "Let's Encrypt" extension: do you all "slow going" guys have "Let's Encrypt" installed?

Any way I can debug this?

As I said, I tried a fresh install (autoinstaller & standard packages) on another server and had the same problem.

In fact Plesk 17.5 is very slow at me too, at all my Servers.
Wait for Plesk 17.8 it's ieally fast. I couldnt believe believe it but in 17.8 thr Backend is so much faster!

This is anectodal (no hard evidence...) but I too have started experiencing veeeery slow responses from the Plesk administrative interface (and sometimes it plainly get stuck and I have to log-in anew), *BUT* I have the strong feeling that this have been in coincidence with the installation of the "Let's Encrypt" extension: do you all "slow going" guys have "Let's Encrypt" installed?

Any way I can debug this?

Doubt its LetsEncrypt.

I have the same issue here. Running 17.5.3

How come this thread is marked Resolved ? Am I missing something ?

Back