• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk key update deferral notification

daanse

Regular Pleskian
Code:
Unable to update EXT.XXXXXXXXX.0006: an error occurred while processing your key. You can try to retrieve the key manually in Plesk (Tools & Settings > License Management) or let Plesk try to update it in the next 24 hours. If you do not want to receive this notification any more, remove this key from Plesk.

No words! I get this Messages EVERY Month from each Server.
Regardless if its a new or old Server, it was ALWAYS there, im tired now. Its really annoying.

Why?

Hi @daanse ,
please don't judge too hard and fast over Plesk. I also have this problem since April. But I know PLESK devs and support working hard on each problem.
We all want the newest features and services in Plesk, (PHP, apache, nginx, docker, git, dnssec, caching, ssl, and the whole IT developments too).
Everything has to fit and must work together in the MOST SECURE way.
I had a similar problem with my provider, asking them since Nov. 2016 for Ubuntu 16.04 with Plesk Onyx) before it was only 14.04 with 12.5 possible. In Aprl they surprised me with the new image 16.04 with Onyx). In the end you will be happy to have these new features.
The best support takes some necessary time. For us it's only a little work to renew the license each month.

Best wishes and greets :) (I don't work for Plesk, but I only love the improvements over one decade using it)

Yes, I agree, if you are the head of server administrative department of, saaay, for example company 1and1 and responsible for +1k plesk licenses then I abolutely on your side. But then you have also exclusive telephone number of Plesk administratives who will approachable for your needs. ;)

But then you have also exclusive telephone number of Plesk administratives who will approachable for your needs. ;)

And what do the <1000 Servers Hosters will do? :) As this never was better, i think its a Problem. Wouldn't it be good to solve that?
Don't we have a right on a Solution as we surely also paying for the Software ;-)

Yes, from this point of view you are right, but I'm sure Plesk works hard to solve this problem like on all problems which are important for daily work.
My renew date is on 24th every month and I had the same issue last week again and to do it by my own.
Greets

@daanse, @Dukemaster,

In theory and often in practice too, the error notifications with respect to plesk key update deferral are temporary of nature, in the sense that the Plesk instance will retry.

In general, one can disregard the error notifications given the facts that

- the key will be updated within 24 hours: if this is NOT the case, one will get a second error notification and manual retrieval (read: updating) of the key is required,
- in (almost) all circumstances, an "old" Plesk key will not break the system or deny any functionality.

In short, there is or should be no need to do a manual (key) update.

However, there is one exception: the case in which Plesk keys are (directly or indirectly) obtained via the hosting providers and/or external parties.

In the latter case, Plesk key updates can become problematic if the supplier of the license key does not update in a proper or timely fashion.

The above also implies that issues related to Plesk key update deferrals are not often related to Plesk itself, but more often related to external parties.

Hope the above explains a bit.......

Regards

Back