• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk key update deferral notification

P

peter.guelzow

My Server just sent me this eMail:

There were problems while trying to update your Plesk key.
Plesk will continue trying.
Details:

Server response: The version of your installed software is 8.1, but the current license version is 8.0,8.1. Upgrades from 8.0,8.1 to 8.1 are not available for this license.

Do I need to understand what was written above? Upgrades from 8.1 to 8.1 ?!

Hw?

I'm really getting annoyed, see my other posts and my provider (1&1) is uanable to help me...

Hello Peter!

I personally think there's just a problem in the strings that the swsoft-engineers programmed into Plesk ^^

I think the message should be like this:

"The version of your installed software is 8.1, but the current license version is 8.0. Upgrades from 8.0 to 8.1 are not available for this license."

This means that the license 1&1 bought cannot be upgraded to 8.1 (no SUS or s.th. like that).

What you could try is to enter your keynumber into the Key-Update-Page of swsoft and see if the Swsoft-Server gives you a new key for the 8.1-Version...

I hope that I could help you a little bit :)

Hi Christian,

thanks for your help.

I tried to enter the update key manually, but the update server does not accept my eMail. Seems it registered by 1&1 and not by any of my eMail addresses...

Two days ago I made a complete restore from a backup using the Virtuozzo panel.

The crazy thing is, that the PLESK panels now complains that my license key is invalid:

"Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use the control panel, please, obtain and install a new fully featured license key.
The amount of currently used resources overrides the limits defined by your license."

The Key Number is: plsk.00000000.0000

Where do I find my or how can I retrieve my Key?

best wishes
Peter

Hello, Peter!

I don't know where 1&1 saves the plesk keys, sorry :-(

But the key with the zeroes is the standard plesk-demo-key which is valid for one domain and one domain-user!

So you have to ask the 1&1 Hotline to tell you where to find you plesk-Key-File.

You can ask them also if the key is upgradeable to Plesk 8.1 :)

Best regards,

Chris

I called 1&1 support when plesk 8.1 was released and got them to install the plesk key manually for me, I insisted that it was 8.0 and they never checked... although this might not be the case now.

Since then my keys have been perfectly fine.

Back