• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk License

M

markd

I am managing a server for a client who bought Plesk 7.5 Reloaded with all the bells and whistles in June of last year (2005). When logged in as admin into Plesk, it states that the license expires on June 30 of this year, and just to test, I pushed the server date up to August 1, and sure enough, Plesk rendered itself useless, stating I had to renew the license.

My question is, since he paid in excess of $1000 for the software, if we go through the license management part in the control panel, does Plesk automatically issue him a new license for free to continue using the version we have, or does he have to PAY to renew the license? We're asking for preventive purposes so we know what to expect in June.

thanx
-markd

if you bought the license Plesk will automatically renew the license when it expires. No need to worry. If you want to upgrade to newer versions you have to make sure your SUS is active (standard 1 year after buying it).

Back