1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk License

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by markd, Mar 29, 2006.

1. markd

markd Guest

I am managing a server for a client who bought Plesk 7.5 Reloaded with all the bells and whistles in June of last year (2005). When logged in as admin into Plesk, it states that the license expires on June 30 of this year, and just to test, I pushed the server date up to August 1, and sure enough, Plesk rendered itself useless, stating I had to renew the license.

My question is, since he paid in excess of $1000 for the software, if we go through the license management part in the control panel, does Plesk automatically issue him a new license for free to continue using the version we have, or does he have to PAY to renew the license? We're asking for preventive purposes so we know what to expect in June.

thanx
    -markd

2. eilko

eilko Regular Pleskian

73%
    if you bought the license Plesk will automatically renew the license when it expires. No need to worry. If you want to upgrade to newer versions you have to make sure your SUS is active (standard 1 year after buying it).