• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Memory Leak?

Zardiw

Basic Pleskian
Looking at Server Information.

Every day there is more memory usage. Is there a memory leak?

After 8 days up, I was almost maxed out at 15G.

After a restart, there is only maybe 800K used.

z

Looking at Server Information.

Every day there is more memory usage. Is there a memory leak?

After 8 days up, I was almost maxed out at 15G.

After a restart, there is only maybe 800K used.

z

Memory usage include the cache, there is no issue if your server use cache :
172c4QI.png

Well, why is it increasing every day......Does it just add to cache ad infinitum?.....Is there a way to clear it?....Why doesn't it clear it automatically?.....

I will start posting the daily levels, and maybe somebody can tell me what is wrong, or what to change, or ??

Total
Used
Free
Shared
Buffer
Cached
Usage

15.50 GB
6.60 GB
8.91 GB
0 B
245.20 MB
2.77 GB
24.69%

Well, why is it increasing every day......Does it just add to cache ad infinitum?.....Is there a way to clear it?....Why doesn't it clear it automatically?.....

I will start posting the daily levels, and maybe somebody can tell me what is wrong, or what to change, or ??

Total
Used
Free
Shared
Buffer
Cached
Usage

15.50 GB
6.60 GB
8.91 GB
0 B
245.20 MB
2.77 GB
24.69%

Cache is not related to Linux memory management, not to Plesk. You can edit settings of your server by adding directives in /etc/sysct.conf
But Linux will use cache on almost all memory available by default. It's better to reduce swap usage, than using less cache. Free memory do not make your server faster, cache do.
You can use htop via ssh to have more informations :
Screenshot3.png

Well, after 4 days uptime on the Server, here's the stats...Getting close to maxed out.

Memory Usage
Total
Used
Free
Shared
Buffer
Cached
Usage

15.50 GB
13.33 GB
2.17 GB
0 B
291.48 MB
4.85 GB
54.71%

The question still remains.......Why is Memory USED increasing every day...........and what happens when it's all gone????????

The question still remains.......Why is Memory USED increasing every day...........and what happens when it's all gone????????

Please, use htop or any other monitoring tool to display real memory usage, and to identify what service use so much memory.
on my vps I have :
7.72 Go
7.37 Go
365.88 Mo
0 o
534.33 Mo
3.02 Go
56.29%

but it's only 50% used with innodb buffer size customized :

Screenshot122.png

I see these 2 'tmp' ones.........why isn't it being cleared out?

devtmpfs
7 929.27 MB
0.00 MB
7 929.27 MB
0%

tmpfs
7 938.41 MB
0.00 MB
7 938.41 MB
0%

So, is this normal:

Btw....it would be nice if you could just upload images here.........

xddrqServerInfo.jpg

Please, use htop or any other monitoring tool to display real memory usage, and to identify what service use so much memory.
on my vps I have :
7.72 Go
7.37 Go
365.88 Mo
0 o
534.33 Mo
3.02 Go
56.29%

but it's only 50% used with innodb buffer size customized :

Screenshot122.png
WHere do you get htop?

z

So, is this normal:

Btw....it would be nice if you could just upload images here.........

xddrqServerInfo.jpg

WHere do you get htop?

z

don't worry about tmpfs.

To install htop just use :
debian/ubuntu :
Code:
apt install htop
centos :
Code:
yum install htop

How do you use htop? I'm on Win 7.

And begging the question......why doesn't Plesk show the REAL numbers?

Who said anything about windows?........I certainly KNOW what system is hosting my Dedicated Server.......and trying to skirt the issue at hand with stuff like this is beneath you...........z

And fwiw, I am using a Windows 7 computer to access the server.......which is in Dallas, TX, and a LONG ways away, so I am unable to sit at the plex onyx for linux terminal........plus I doubt they would let me into the data center.......lolol

So why doesn't plesk show the ACTUAL NUMBERS???

Where is it getting these FAKE numbers........and why is it showing InAccurate stuff

I've been programming all my life mostly.......and I would NEVER Dream of releasing buggy stuff like this to the general public.....much less ask people to pay for it.......fwifw

z

Who said anything about windows?........I certainly KNOW what system is hosting my Dedicated Server.......and trying to skirt the issue at hand with stuff like this is beneath you...........z

And fwiw, I am using a Windows 7 computer to access the server.......which is in Dallas, TX, and a LONG ways away, so I am unable to sit at the plex onyx for linux terminal........plus I doubt they would let me into the data center.......lolol
To use htop via ssh, just use the command
Code:
htop

If htop is not installed,
Code:
apt install htop
on debian/ubuntu
Code:
yum install htop
on centos/redhat

eh,,,, you did...
How do you use htop? I'm on Win 7.

I've been programming all my life mostly.......and I would NEVER Dream of releasing buggy stuff like this to the general public.....much less ask people to pay for it.......fwifw

z

With other words...
You're a genius and we are silly people that are using and paying for mediocre software.
And now you would like to get help from us?

I wish you many hours with DirectAdmin !!!

Quote:

With other words...
You're a genius and we are silly people that are using and paying for mediocre software.
And now you would like to get help from us?

I wish you many hours with DirectAdmin !!!

UnQuote

Actually my intention is not necessarily to get help, although that would be nice.

My objective is to light a fire under the asses of people responsible for plesk, and get them to do something about the myriad of issues that exist.......

And while I AM a certified Genius (IQ 148), that has little to do with the frustration I feel when confronted by unsolvable (by myself) issues.

And sorry for my inadequacies vis-a-vis my social skills...........lol........

z

Last edited:
I'm using Plesk for 13 years. You seem to be using it in between 13 days and 13 weeks.
Having had enough comparison over the years I can say that Plesk is a good piece of software which isn't intended to replace a system administrator, but a tool for one.

You clearly are missing a lot of skills to call yourself a system administrator, but my guess is that you don't agree with that, which is fine.

I'm reacting in this thread, but I can't say I've read much beyond your bitching about so-called bugs in Plesk and the quality of the software.
You say you're not posting here to get help even though it's clear to me that you need it... a lot even.

You say you want to light some fire under the asses of the people responsible for Plesk. These people come from ice-cold Siberia and not impressed nor moved by your threads. Some people (almost all more than pleased with Plesk) reacted on your posts, but you make it too hard for them and I noticed some of them gave up.

For me the matter is "resolved"...

Back