• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Migration Issue....

Gene Steinberg

Regular Pleskian
So I migrated a domain from a cPanel server (version 98.0.9) to the latest Plesk Obsidian (18.0.39) on a Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS server.

Site running WordPress 5.8.1.

So when logged in to the admin panel, I should be seeing the toolbar at the top.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 1.41.03 PM.png

Instead I see the toolbar stuck at the bottom left, per the following:

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 1.41.19 PM.png

Note: Problem persists with plugins off and after reinstalling WordPress.

Tried resyncing the migration, no change.

I have another domain left to move, but need to fix this.

Obviously the site otherwise works fine when logged out of WordPress.

Ideas?

Peace,
Gene

hello @Gene Steinberg ,

it looks like url to css files has not been changed during migration.
you can open network inspector in dev tools in browser and check is requests of css returns 404 or not.

if yes, I guess you need to update "WordPress Address (URL)" in WP settings to correct value.

I reloaded the WP files again (except for Content) and the toolbar at the top is in the right place.

But functions in the Dashboard displaying a JavaScript routine, drop-down, are broken.

There shouldn't be any URL changes since it's the same URL on a different server.

Peace,
Gene

There shouldn't ...
Are you guessing or have you checked it, e.g. have you really looked into the siteurl and home datasets in your *_options table?

Also have you made sure that the PHP version on your new system is the same as on your old server? Some themes and plugins have issues with newer or older PHP versions.

Also have you checked that scripts concatenation is turned off, e.g. in Wordpress Toolkit security options?

It's only on that particular WP installation. The others I imported from the old server, plus two XenForo forums, a MyBB forum, and a Dada Mail mailing list, were all perfect.

Not fully skilled on all the ramifications. Where do I find that?

Peace,
Gene

From Safari Develop menu for macradio.net:

Home page:

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () (external-tracking.min.js, line 0)
[Log] JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 3.3.2 (jquery-migrate.min.js, line 2)
[Error] The source list for Content Security Policy directive 'script-src' contains an invalid source: ''strict-dynamic''. It will be ignored.

Dashboard:

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () (aiow-premium.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () (dashboard.css, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () (aiow-premium.css, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () (akismet.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () (akismet.css, line 0)
[Log] JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 3.3.2 (load-scripts.php, line 5)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () (favicon.png, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 () (icon-menu.png, line 0)

Peace,
Gene

403 can mean a client denied by server configuration. Please check your error_log for details on that. If the .css or .js files cannot be accessed, because they reside in a protected directory, the styles won't display.

403 can also mean that the owner or group of the directories and files are wrong. They should be owner = webhosting user of the subscription, owner = psaserv for the document root directory and psacln for everything inside, e.g. files and subdirectories.

It can also mean that the file or directory permissions of the wp-includes, wp-content directories are too strict, so that the web server cannot access the files.

Thanks, Peter. I think we're into something.;

I deleted the entire WP-Content directory, since that's where errors were flagged, and replaced it with a backup from the original server.

I think we're OK now.

I do have some issues with it and another site, using a similar theme, in mobile mode, and may be you have some ideas if you are into that sort of thing.

Peace,
Gene

Content Security Policy

You have to adapt the rules in your CSP config, or disable it. (Apache/Nginx vhostconfig or .htaccess. )
Some things seem to be no longer explicitly allowed here, so scripts are not executed and access is forbidden. (403)

Example: Allow Javascript from these sources: (Rule disabled: ##...)
Code:
## Header always set Content-Security-Policy: "upgrade-insecure-requests; script-src 'unsafe-inline' blob: data: Content Security Policy: https://www.recaptcha.net https://newassets.hcaptcha.com https://hcaptcha.com https://code.createjs.com https://cse.google.com (...more sources...) ;"

I'm not at all sure what this had to do with our problem, which was clearly a permissions issue caused by the migration from cPanel to Plesk. I think we fixed that when I deleted the WP-Content folder on the affected blog and replaced it with a backup from the original installation. I was able to make our DadaMail mailing list installation work in the same way. Some files just won't transfer properly — or at all — via the Plesk Migration extension. Re-Sync didn't fix these so I fixed them manually.

What I asked about after that was about an issue with our responsive code that causes a few ad overlaps on some pages on the site (and another site with a similar theme). Maybe a WP person can guide me to a proper fix since I don't develop themes.

Peace,
Gene

Back