• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx - How can I upgrade in Plesk 17 MariaDB/MySQL?

Alexander Liebrecht

Basic Pleskian
Hello Developers and Community,

I can unfortunately the forum tool CBACK from Germany not with MariaDB 5.5 operate. Therefore I wanted to upgrade to MariaDB 10.x.

MariaDB 10.x I have now installed by command line, but it can not upgrade to Plesk.

How can I get all MySQL databases on MariaDB 10?

This guide is not working at How to upgrade MySQL 5.5 to 5.6/5.7 on Linux .

Code:
01:19:14>xxxx>liebrecht-projekte>~MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql_upgrade -uadmin
Version check failed. Got the following error when calling the 'mysql' command line client
ERROR 1193 (HY000) at line 1: Unknown system variable 'WSREP_ON'
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

If someone can help me, then I would like to thank you in advance.

P.S.

When calling Plesk in the browser also unfortunately this error.

Code:
ERROR: Plesk\Exception\Database: DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 Can't create/write to file '/var/tmp/#sql_9c2_0.MAI' (Errcode: 2), query was: DESCRIBE `sessions`

Greetings, Alexander

Sorry that the important details are missing.

Currently, MariaDB 5.5 is active and I rely on Plesk Onyx 17.x. Centos 7.3 is also installed.

Unfortunately, I can not make a MySQL upgrade via console. MariaDB 10.2 I have already installed via SSH.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Alexander Liebrecht,

If this is you own Plesk (not shared hosting), you can install Docker extension and then install container with MariaDB 10.2. It is not necessary to add the database into Plesk, but you can connect your application to this database directly. In past, I experiment so with MySQL 8.0 and MSSQL for Linux and other unsupported databases. I hope this can help you.

Back