• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx Preview and FeedBack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone,

A new page about Plesk Onyx was added to our website. Please check it out and use feedback form there to let us know what you think about Plesk Onyx. The page is located here: https://www.plesk.com/onyx/

Thank you very much in advance -- your feedback helps us make a better product!

DNSSEC - bug report

what is considered as official Plesk way to do DNSSEC ?

I have tried to install: DNSSEC Manager 1.1
This extension enables you to protect DNS data with Domain Name System Security Extensions.

but here is error I get (Ubuntu 64bit 12.04)

Hi peraburek,

Due to specific BIND version requirements, DNSSEC Manager works only on the following OSes:
  • Debian 8
  • Ubuntu 14.04
  • Ubuntu 16.04
  • CentOS 7 / RHEL 7 / CloudLinux 7

Hi Tigzy,

Thanks for reporting this. We know about this issue and we'd like to address it in Plesk Onyx. Meanwhile, we suggest you to disable nginx proxy mode to enable your scenario. To disable the proxy mode for nginx, go to Apache & nginx Settings on a domain and deselect the Proxy mode option under nxing settings group.

This will also help you with your Let's Encrypt issue - disable the proxy mode, set up the certificate, then enable the proxy mode back, if needed, and it should work.

Thanks a lot, that worked :)
I have now Docker app on port 80 of the app, and with HTTPS.
Yeah if you could fix it for release 1 to make things easier that'd be nice.

Another BUG REPORT maybe.
I noticed the installer was not allowing to install on Ubuntu 16.04, is it wanted?

The package Plesk Migration isn't working:

Code:
Fehler: Error on call plesk-migrator with args [generate-migration-list, /opt/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/*******/config.ini, --skip-services-checks, --include-existing-subscriptions, --async]

CODE: 1

STDOUT:

STDERR:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/psa/admin/sbin/modules//panel-migrator/plesk-migrator", line 16, in <module>
from parallels.core.cli.migration_cli import run
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/cli/migration_cli.py", line 7, in <module>
from parallels.core.cli.common_cli import Command, CommandTypes, \
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/cli/common_cli.py", line 20, in <module>
from parallels.core.utils.log import Log
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/utils/log.py", line 4, in <module>
import yaml
ImportError: No module named yaml

Today i tried the preview on RHEL7 Systems (MU14)

First of all, this looks really promising, you did a great job.

Thanks a lot for the kind words, cyrillvw!

But still we facing some major issues:
- Installer does not work when the system is using rhn/satelite. We can work around that, but still most professional RHEL7 enviroments using satelite.

Can you provide installation log files to us so we could investigate what went wrong?

- The setup messes around with /etc/pam.d and sssd config without asking or loosing any word in the documentation about it. With a non standard configuration its not even possible to log in with local users neigther with ldap ones after setup. This is an absolute NO-GO in professional enviroments and a really big issue for us and our customers . Can the plesk team give us some support for that?

Thanks for letting us know -- we'll look into it.

- Not possible to install docker component

We know about this issue and we're working on it already. Thank you for confirming it!

- Not possible to install git component

Haven't encountered this before, so we'll take a look into that, thanks.

- Setup should add an option to choose default install directories like /var/www/vhosts

This looks like a feature request. Could you file it in our uservoice page at https://plesk.uservoice.com?

Meanwhile, if you need this right now, we'd suggest to run transvhosts.pl after the deployment. Here's the KB with more information on this utility: https://kb.plesk.com/en/1186.

- Setup should be able to delete text with backspace

I'm not sure what you mean, could you please clarify?

- Setup sometimes show MU#15, but if i select, it fails with "no such release". This may be because of the new release today.

Yes, that's probably the cause. Please try again and let us know if the problem persists.

Another BUG REPORT maybe.
I noticed the installer was not allowing to install on Ubuntu 16.04, is it wanted?

Official Plesk Onyx support for Ubuntu 16.04 isn't released yet -- we're in final stages of testing and we also have to check the dist-upgrade scenario.

The package Plesk Migration isn't working:

Code:
Fehler: Error on call plesk-migrator with args [generate-migration-list, /opt/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/*******/config.ini, --skip-services-checks, --include-existing-subscriptions, --async]

CODE: 1

STDOUT:

STDERR:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/psa/admin/sbin/modules//panel-migrator/plesk-migrator", line 16, in <module>
from parallels.core.cli.migration_cli import run
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/cli/migration_cli.py", line 7, in <module>
from parallels.core.cli.common_cli import Command, CommandTypes, \
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/cli/common_cli.py", line 20, in <module>
from parallels.core.utils.log import Log
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/utils/log.py", line 4, in <module>
import yaml
ImportError: No module named yaml

Hi Lacoii,

It's a known problem, our migration team is working on this now. I'd suggest to monitor the following thread for Plesk Migrator updates: https://talk.plesk.com/threads/plesk-migrator-extension.336874

Hello,
After I made your changes Custer, I have SSL errors on Firefox and Chrome (not IE) with Let's encrypt:
NS_ERROR_NET_INADEQUATE_SECURITY

Is it a bug with let's encrypt, or bad ssl configuration in Nginx?

BUG REPORT

After enabling let's encrypt, it looks like some cyphers are blacklisted.
(See my previous message, symptom on FF).

https://community.qualys.com/thread/16055
Tested in : https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest

Firefox 46 / Win 7 R Server negotiated HTTP/2 with blacklisted suite
RSA 2048 (SHA256) | TLS 1.2 > h2 | TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA | ECDH secp256r1

Firefox 47 / Win 7 R Server negotiated HTTP/2 with blacklisted suite
RSA 2048 (SHA256) | TLS 1.2 > h2 | TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA | ECDH secp256r1​

IE 8 / XP No FS 1 No SNI 2 Incorrect certificate because this client doesn't support SNI
RSA 2048 (SHA256) | TLS 1.0 | TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA​

Hi Tigzy,

it's really UP TO YOU, which ciphers you accept on your server and so the standards provided by Plesk can't be declared as a "bug".
Pls. read and follow:

and use for example "https://mozilla.github.io/server-side-tls/ssl-config-generator/" to generate the acceptable ciphers-list on your server.

To manually adjust the standards, you could as well use the Plesk sslmng utility :

Code:
plesk sbin sslmng --ciphers="
ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256-GCM-SHA384:AES128-SHA256:AES256-SHA256:AES128-SHA:AES256-SHA:DES-CBC3-SHA:!DSS" --protocols="TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2" --strong-dh --disable-tls-compression

Or use the "HELP" - string for more possible command strings for this utility:

plesk sbin sslmng --help

You could as well like to read:

"Plesk Multi Server Extension" - Where can i find it?

Indeed, where is it?
What kind of nodes can be created?
Is it possible to have a panel-only controller node and offload everything to different servers?
Is it possible to assign specific domains to specific nodes?
How many nodes can be created? As much as you want?
Is it free? (As in; included with the license?)
When is it available for installation in the preview?

I can't wait to test it! Looked for exactly this, for years!
(Plesk Automation is too big for my needs)

Last edited:
Everyone,

Regarding the Plesk Multi-Server extension -- it's not available for public scrutiny yet, but we're working on making it happen very soon. Watch out for the announcements!

Hello everybody,

as there seems to be the possibility to finally have a central mailserver again (we are STILL stuck here with Plesk Expand and Plesk 8.6), I set up a new CentOS7 VM and installed Onyx (17.0.15).
Setup went fine (just our normal security fixes for the /tmp - directory killed the Plesk installation) and now I am trying to setup our test Smartermail Mailserver following the docs for Onyx:
---
To Switch to a Remote SmarterMail Server:

1. Go to Tools&Settings and click Server Components. Find the "Mail Server" section and click Remote SmarterMail Server (not configured).
---

But here the problem already starts: I don't have that menu option "Remote SmarterMail Server (not configured)".
Am I just blind or is this option still missing?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back