• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx Preview and FeedBack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to uninstall "Resource controller" component (Tools & Settings -> Updates and Upgrades -> Add/Remove Components).
Alternatively you can log into servers via SSH (under root user) and do the following:
plesk sbin resctrl --disable
Hi,
After remove and re-install now work.
Thanks
Giuseppe

Hi,
I found i small issue at the system updates function. It shows always the message:

"Warning: Information on some packages might not be actual: inconsistencies were detected in the system's package manager database. Please resolve this issue manually."
System is Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬
I tried apt-get clean,check,update... but the message is still there

System_Updates.JPG

Regards,
Patrick

Hello everybody,

as there seems to be the possibility to finally have a central mailserver again (we are STILL stuck here with Plesk Expand and Plesk 8.6), I set up a new CentOS7 VM and installed Onyx (17.0.15).

Hi Christian,

Remote SmarterMail is available only on Plesk for Windows. If you need centralized mail server, the upcoming Plesk Multi Server extension should be able to help you out, but not right away -- the initial release of Plesk Multi Server extension will not have centralized mail server support feature, but we're planning to add it soon after release.

Hi,
I found i small issue at the system updates function. It shows always the message:

"Warning: Information on some packages might not be actual: inconsistencies were detected in the system's package manager database. Please resolve this issue manually."
System is Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬
I tried apt-get clean,check,update... but the message is still there

View attachment 11410

Regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Click "Check for Updates" to refresh the package manager cache and remove this message.

PS. Do you have other feedback on this feature? We'd appreciate it if you could share your thoughts. Thanks!

Hi Christian,

Remote SmarterMail is available only on Plesk for Windows. If you need centralized mail server, the upcoming Plesk Multi Server extension should be able to help you out, but not right away -- the initial release of Plesk Multi Server extension will not have centralized mail server support feature, but we're planning to add it soon after release.

Hello Custer,

thanks a lot for your reply. Oh well that is unfortunate for us :-( We really want and need to update our servers to a newer Plesk version _with_ centralized Mail... Do you have an ETA for us when the Multi Server extension will be available?
Is is planned that the centralized mail server feature only supports SmarterMail or also other mailservers? As we really need this, we would also be willing to participate in a beta test with our live servers if we get priority support from your devs in case of problems...

Thanks a lot again and best regards,

Christian

The package Plesk Migration isn't working:

Code:
Fehler: Error on call plesk-migrator with args [generate-migration-list, /opt/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/*******/config.ini, --skip-services-checks, --include-existing-subscriptions, --async]

CODE: 1

STDOUT:

STDERR:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/psa/admin/sbin/modules//panel-migrator/plesk-migrator", line 16, in <module>
from parallels.core.cli.migration_cli import run
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/cli/migration_cli.py", line 7, in <module>
from parallels.core.cli.common_cli import Command, CommandTypes, \
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/cli/common_cli.py", line 20, in <module>
from parallels.core.utils.log import Log
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/utils/log.py", line 4, in <module>
import yaml
ImportError: No module named yaml

The error is due to some package(s) on which migrator depends might be broken or uninstalled. The easiest way to fix the error is simply to reinstall Migrator extension.

How to use SRS?
where are options to turn on (and/or adjust) SRS ?

SRS is quite simple technology, it is always turned on in Plesk Onyx if current mail server has SRS support. SRS works completely automatically when you forward mail, you don't need to do anything to use it.

Hi Patrick,

Click "Check for Updates" to refresh the package manager cache and remove this message.

PS. Do you have other feedback on this feature? We'd appreciate it if you could share your thoughts. Thanks!

Hi custer,

thank you for your reply. After i clicked on "Check for Updates" the message is gone, but it appears again when i reload the page.

In general I like this feature very much. Especially the e-mail notification function.
Plesk 17 is definitely on the right way :)

Regards,
Patrick

Hi,

is the docker plugin in plesk onyx stable now?
i'm planning to try onyx and deploying my own customized app.

i wonder if it's possible to do that with plesk onyx?

Hello Custer,

thanks a lot for your reply. Oh well that is unfortunate for us :-( We really want and need to update our servers to a newer Plesk version _with_ centralized Mail... Do you have an ETA for us when the Multi Server extension will be available?

The first version of Multi Server extension will be released later this year (around Plesk Onyx RTM). It will not have centralized mail support yet, but this feature is probably the first thing we'll be adding to the extension after the initial release.

Is is planned that the centralized mail server feature only supports SmarterMail or also other mailservers? As we really need this, we would also be willing to participate in a beta test with our live servers if we get priority support from your devs in case of problems...

Thanks a lot again and best regards,

Christian

We don't want to force people into using SmarterMail (especially those who use Linux), so other mail servers will be supported as well (I'd expect at least Postfix).

Hi custer,

thank you for your reply. After i clicked on "Check for Updates" the message is gone, but it appears again when i reload the page.

In this case, I suggest you to wait for the next Plesk Onyx preview and try again -- you'll have the ability to view System Updates tool logs at /var/log/plesk/systemupdatestool.log, so it'll be easier to understand what the problem is.

[In general I like this feature very much. Especially the e-mail notification function.
Plesk 17 is definitely on the right way :)

Thanks a lot, Patrick, this means a lot to us! Let us know if you have any thoughts on other Plesk Onyx features. ;)

The first version of Multi Server extension will be released later this year (around Plesk Onyx RTM). It will not have centralized mail support yet, but this feature is probably the first thing we'll be adding to the extension after the initial release.

It's still unclear to me. Is the multi server extension just to add multiple existing Plesk servers to one interface? Or does it create new nodes containing specific services, so you can have a fine-grained distribution of services within subscriptions? (For example: put the only postfix/dovecot on a different box, but still manage it from one panel)

It's still unclear to me. Is the multi server extension just to add multiple existing Plesk servers to one interface? Or does it create new nodes containing specific services, so you can have a fine-grained distribution of services within subscriptions? (For example: put the only postfix/dovecot on a different box, but still manage it from one panel)

The initial version allows you to add multiple Plesk servers and manage them from one point of entry. We're thinking about specific nodes as well, but not in the initial release.

We don't want to force people into using SmarterMail (especially those who use Linux), so other mail servers will be supported as well (I'd expect at least Postfix).
So to be clear, it is planned that Plesk Linux servers will support the use of a remote centralized SmarterMail server? Probably later this year?

Bug report - Plesk Onyx - Version 17.0.15 - Incremental backup is not working, full backup is always performed, regardless that I have selected Incremental

it happens when I use external FTP server, but in Plesk 12.5 it was working just fine

e-mail notification doesn't work "When a backup task is completed, send a notification email to: [email protected]"

Last edited:
Bug report - Plesk Onyx - Version 17.0.15 - Incremental backup is not working, full backup is always performed, regardless that I have selected Incremental

it happens when I use external FTP server, but in Plesk 12.5 it was working just fine

e-mail notification doesn't work "When a backup task is completed, send a notification email to: [email protected]"

Hi peraburek,

We haven't encountered this problem yet -- can you send me the relevant logs via private conversation?

Hi Einstein,

Hi,

is the docker plugin in plesk onyx stable now?

While the extension is in a great shape now, it's not officially considered stable until at least Plesk Onyx is considered stable.

i'm planning to try onyx and deploying my own customized app.

i wonder if it's possible to do that with plesk onyx?

It's possible to install Plesk Onyx preview, install Docker extension and play around with your app. However, please note one important thing: we do not recommend installing Plesk Onyx preview and extensions specific to Plesk Onyx on production servers. We don't provide support for Plesk Onyx preview and we don't support upgrade from preview to Plesk Onyx RTM. Until Plesk Onyx RTM is released in October, both Plesk Onyx and its extensions are available for testing purposes only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back