• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Onyx Preview and FeedBack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have applied for key, but did not received anything in two days /I have checked the spam folder/
This form works only for one request from one IP address. It doesn’t work for multiple requests from the same IP.

Plesk is looking into this issue that has only affected a very small number of respondents. We will get back to you as soon as a fix is found. Meanwhile please use these trial keys (valid for two weeks):

Plesk 12 Web Admin Edition - 14 days:
Activation code: A00A00-FE2W03-JGDB73-3EC441-JT4D52

Plesk 12 Web Pro Edition - 14 days:
Activation code: A00000-SYN303-8RY873-FYDZ41-F4S954

Plesk 12 Web Host Edition - 14 days:
Activation code: A00N00-MGBP03-QEEH73-YG3641-J40455

Hi Powie,

The first version of Multi Server extension will be released later this year (around Plesk Onyx RTM). It will not have centralized mail support yet, but this feature is probably the first thing we'll be adding to the extension after the initial release.

We are planning to support centralized mail server for Plesk Multi Server, but we don't know for sure which mail server(s) we're going to support -- it's a bit too early to say at this moment. Chances are it will be Postfix.
Thank you. Please consider including SmarterMail as an option for centralized mail server, that's been a dream of ours for years. Clients like the SM web interface, we like the easy admin and comprehensive logging etc; Postfix might be free but it's hard to work with and once clients have worked with SM they are universally horrified when we present them with Horde.

An update regarding the Plesk Multi Server: we are planning to release another Plesk Onyx preview early next week, and we're aiming to provide a first look into Plesk Multi Server at the same time. A separate forum thread about Plesk Multi Server will be created with all necessary information (limitations, downloads, etc).

Please consider including SmarterMail as an option for centralized mail server, that's been a dream of ours for years. Clients like the SM web interface, we like the easy admin and comprehensive logging etc; Postfix might be free but it's hard to work with and once clients have worked with SM they are universally horrified when we present them with Horde.

Plesk Onyx for Windows supports remote SmarterMail, so it's already possible to have a centralized mail server based on SmarterMail, if you are using Plesk for Windows.

Plesk Onyx for Windows supports remote SmarterMail, so it's already possible to have a centralized mail server based on SmarterMail, if you are using Plesk for Windows.

Many thanks for the response. We use both Plesk Windows and Linux; our goal is to have a centralized mail server that serves all clients on all platforms. If we have to run both remote Postfix and SmarterMail servers to do that, well that isn't really centralized is it ;)?

Many thanks for the response. We use both Plesk Windows and Linux; our goal is to have a centralized mail server that serves all clients on all platforms. If we have to run both remote Postfix and SmarterMail servers to do that, well that isn't really centralized is it ;)?

You're absolutely right -- we'll take this into account. :)

Hi. I upgraded from 12.5.30 to 17.0.15 (Test environment, One domain name.)
Product: Plesk Onyx
Plesk 17.0.15

Backup Manager
Warning: server "server"
Not all the data was backed up into /var/lib/psa/dumps successfully. /bin/tar: *: Cannot stat: No such file or directory /bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

Why this warning?
If anyone has any information can you share?
Thank you!

Hi. I upgraded from 12.5.30 to 17.0.15 (Test environment, One domain name.)
Product: Plesk Onyx
Plesk 17.0.15

Backup Manager
Warning: server "server"
Not all the data was backed up into /var/lib/psa/dumps successfully. /bin/tar: *: Cannot stat: No such file or directory /bin/tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

Why this warning?
If anyone has any information can you share?
Thank you!
As far as I know it is already fixed in Plesk Onyx 17.0.16 in scope of PPP-24586 bugreport.

As far as I know it is already fixed in Plesk Onyx 17.0.16 in scope of PPP-24586 bugreport.

Thank you IgorG.
17 version is really nice.
We are waiting for the end of the test version.

I wonder something.
Linux/Plesk: Will there be hotlink protection? (A small but useful detail:) )

In addition;
(No problem with the database were tested.)
Linux/Plesk: Domain export database > Windows/Plesk: Transfer the domain name database import :It does not transfer.
Is that the difference may be due to the bug database server version?
Linux/Plesk MySQL: mysql 5.5.47-32.el6.art
Windows/Plesk MySQL: MySQL 5.6 Server 5.6.26

Thank you!

UAL, this is a dream!
will be the same price of others Plesk ?
can i purchase from Plesk Licenses?

Good bless this!

I'm running Plesk Onyx since the 17.0.9 with a Plesk license, so you can launch the installer now ;)

There is no support, but when Docker has been released I was not able to wait more ^^
I have reinstall it one time, because of using another VPS.

If you want to try first run it with Docker :
Code:
docker run -d -it -p 80:80 -p 443:443 -p 8880:8880 -p 8443:8443 -p 8447:8447 plesk/plesk:preview

I wonder something.
Linux/Plesk: Will there be hotlink protection? (A small but useful detail:) )

I don't think so. The anti-hotlinking feature is just something that generates a few web server rewrites if a specific condition matches (in this case, if the request contains a referrer). Note that things even might break if the CMS you using (or one of the plugins of it) generates specific rules for it's own purpose conflicting with the anti-hotlink ones.

But doing it yourself is easy - like you can here.

The document you are reading is for Plesk Onyx which is currently in development. The preview is meant only to demonstrate the new features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back