• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk partially removed after MU

C

CoenNL

We've tried to update Plesk 10.4.4 (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS) to MU39 on several servers via the autoinstaller. We've used the same steps before to update those servers to MU36.

On some servers Apache failed to start after this upgrade; libapache2-mod-php5 was removed in addition to the Plesk installation itself.

After verifying the logs we found the following:

--
The following packages will be REMOVED:
apache2-mpm-prefork* libapache2-mod-php5* plesk-core* plesk-l10n* pp-sitebuilder* psa* psa-backup-manager* psa-health-monitor* psa-horde* psa-imp* psa-ingo* psa-kronolith* psa-libxml-proxy* psa-migration-agents* psa-migration-manager* psa-mimp* psa-mnemo* psa-passwd* psa-php5-configurator* psa-turba* psa-updates* psa-vhost*

The following NEW packages will be installed:
apache2-mpm-worker
--

Another server, which had autoupdates enabled, also had the same problems.

Anyone here who had the same issues?

Looks like in your process it un-installs php.
Anyways as a quick workaround just from your SHELL run the command

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller

and follow the instructions to install all missing components.

Not only PHP but it deleted the plesk-core also. We did fix it by 'reinstalling' those components but I would like to know the cause, because these servers were updated to MU36 the same way without any problems. And this is an automated process. Parallels?

Even when i run the autoinstaller again it fails with the error libapache2-mod-php5 at the beginning,

Is there any solution for this?

This is due to a bug in APT.

Plesk 11.0.9 should have a workaround for it. You may want to just upgrade to it.

If you don't want to upgrade, you may try following (I have not tested this and I'm not sure it will work, but in theory it should):
1) Remove apache2 package (IIRC, on Ubuntu this will not require removal of any other packages): # apt-get remove apache2
2) Download Autoinstaller version for Plesk 11.
3) Run it via: # ./autoinstaller --all-versions
4) Try to upgrade your 10.4.4 installation as you would normally.

[Edit] Easier and more reliable steps would be (to ensure Autoinstaller would not remove half of your Plesk installation):
1) # apt-get install apache2 apache2-mpm-prefork
(if you have another flavour of apache2 installed, you should replace last package name accordingly)
Essentially, via this step you should make sure that you have latest Apache version installed.
2) Run your Autoinstaller as you normally would.

Last edited:
Here are the error details:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
php5 : Depends: libapache2-mod-php5 (>= 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.2) but it is not going to be installed or
libapache2-mod-php5filter (>= 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.2) but it is not going to be installed or
php5-cgi (>= 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.2) but 5.2.10.dfsg.1-2ubuntu6 is to be installed or
php5-fpm (>= 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.2) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: php5-common (>= 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.2) but 5.2.10.dfsg.1-2ubuntu6 is to be installed
psa-php5-configurator : Depends: php5-ioncube-loader (>= 4.0.14) but 4.0.7-11051008 is to be installed
Depends: libapache2-mod-php5 but it is not going to be installed

---------------------- `apt-get` output ---X---
Collecting error details into log file...
Error: Installation will not continue
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

BTW, uninstalling apache2 is it going to remove my hosting websites?

After continues working i was able to install plesk (partially) as i ended with the following error

Errors were encountered while processing:
bind9
plesk-core
plesk-l10n
pp-sitebuilder
psa-vhost
psa
psa-libxml-proxy
psa-backup-manager
psa-horde
psa-imp
psa-ingo
psa-kronolith
psa-mimp
psa-mnemo
psa-passwd
psa-turba
psa-updates

I had a similar Problem. After the automatic microupdate #36 the Plesk core was removed. OS is Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I had to reinstall Plesk via the autoinstaller. Fortunately all settings were still present. Is this a known issue?

Back