• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Upgrade Error - Does Not Recongize Plesk Installion

D

Daniel Belcher

I have been using Plesk for a long time, but have never seen this problem before. I started out a while back with 8.2 and always upgrade to the latest version when it comes out. Currently, I have Plesk 9.0.1 and it shows this on the desktop when I login. However, when I go to the UPGRADE section (since I want to upgrade to 9.2) it shows the following list...

Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0.0 autoinstaller__release_action_install
Parallels Plesk Panel 9.0.1 autoinstaller__release_action_install
Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2.1 autoinstaller__release_action_install
Plesk 8.2.0 autoinstaller__release_action_install
Plesk 8.2.1 autoinstaller__release_action_install
Plesk 8.3.0 autoinstaller__release_action_install
Plesk 8.4.0 autoinstaller__release_action_install
Plesk 8.6.0 autoinstaller__release_action_install

The colored icons next to it do not load. It almost appears as if I do not even have Plesk installed according to the upgrade section. I can click on any of these options and on the following screen it shows everything listed as NOT INSTALLED along with no colored icons (they are all grayed out).

I tried to just go ahead and select 9.2.1 since that would be my next logical upgrade option from 9.0.1, but it gave me a failure report saying that some dependencies were not installed.

What is wrong with the upgrade tool and how do I upgrade?

As far as I know, the overall Plesk system still runs just fine and my server and all accounts are running smoothly.

Thank you to anyone that can shed some light on this!

Daniel

Back