• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PMT-2884] Migration Manager: Confixx --> Plesk Mail Problem

futureweb

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
tried out migration Manager Confixx-->Plesk for the first time - and got this Error:

Source server "confixx":

Maildrop 'HOMEDIR/' is not supported by migration agent. Mail content will not be migrated.
Check that confixx_main.conf is correct. Only migrations from "HOMEDIR/Maildir/", "HOMEDIR/Mailbox", and "/var/spool/mail/USER" are supported. Switch to one of these values before migration.

on Confixx Server - /root/confixx/confixx_main.conf:
## email
# used mta ( sendmail | postfix | qmail )
$mta = 'sendmail';
# location of mailspool directory
$mailSpool = '';
# type of maildrop ( /var/spool/mail/USER | HOMEDIR/Mailbox | HOMEDIR/Maildir/ )
$maildrop = 'HOMEDIR/';
# name of Mailbox file
$mailBoxName = 'Maildir';
# location of email virtusertable file
$virtUserTableDB = '/etc/mail/virtusertable';
# location of email local domains file
$localDomainsFile = '/etc/mail/local-host-names';

I can't change all Mail-Dirs in Source Server ... any chance to get migration running?

Thx
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

Hello,

Such configuration is not standard and is not supported by Plesk Migrator.
We would be glad to try to create a custom patch or a workaround for that. We need access to your source and target servers to check how mail is stored and test the patch. If you are able to provide them, please start a private conversation with me (at my profile - "Information" - "Start a Conversation").

I want to thank Alexey for his fast & good Support on this Case!! ;-)
He provided me with a patch to get migration working ...

In case someone also stumbles accross this Problem here it is:
Configuration like this - /root/confixx/confixx_main.conf:
Code:
# type of maildrop ( /var/spool/mail/USER | HOMEDIR/Mailbox | HOMEDIR/Maildir/ )
$maildrop = 'HOMEDIR/';

Patch on Plesk Server:
Code:
[root@server 20160524150954]# diff /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/confixx/utils.py{,.bak}
68c68
<  return self.get_config_var('maildrop') in {'HOMEDIR/Maildir/', 'HOMEDIR/'}
---
>  return self.get_config_var('maildrop') == 'HOMEDIR/Maildir/'

[root@server 20160524150954]# diff /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/confixx/extras/pmm/PreMigrationChecks.pm{,.bak}
12c12
<  my @supportedMaildrops = ("HOMEDIR/Maildir/", "HOMEDIR/Mailbox", "/var/spool/mail/USER", "HOMEDIR/");
---
>  my @supportedMaildrops = ("HOMEDIR/Maildir/", "HOMEDIR/Mailbox", "/var/spool/mail/USER");

Hi Alexey,
got another Error on another confixx Server! :-/

Fehler: Failed to generate migration list file
Cause: not well-formed (invalid token): line 67317, column 36
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

unfortunately the "not well formed XML" isn't shown within info nor within debug log ... so I don't really know what's causing the problem ...

Any Tipp for me where to find the XML so I can have a look what is causing the troubles?

Thx

alright - I found the XML (Debug Log: +|2016-06-03_10:00:48,639|D|MT|core.dump.file_adapters|||Opened a tar file /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20160603095533/plesk.backup.confixx.raw.tar <-- containing the XML) and the Problem ... there were some weird (non printable) ASCII chars within Customer Data -> Mail Address! (ASCII Char: 3)

Within XML:

<client vendor-guid="xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx" name="xxx" guid="xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx" id="mailxxx">
<preferences>
<pinfo name="country">xxx</pinfo>
<pinfo name="name">xxx xxx</pinfo>
<pinfo name="locale">de-DE</pinfo>
<pinfo name="phone">+43 000 0000</pinfo>
<pinfo name="email">^Cxxx@xxx^C</pinfo>
<pinfo name="city">xxxl</pinfo>
<pinfo name="zip">xxx</pinfo>
<pinfo name="address">xxx</pinfo>
</preferences>

Problem was content of "email" ...
Could easily be sanitized on XML generation - maybe you could forward this to Dev?

Thx

Last edited:
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Really appreciate your detailed investigation.
I've reproduced that problem on our test servers and created an issue (internal ID is PMT-2884) to handle such kind of data during migration.

Thank you for your feedback. Really appreciate your detailed investigation.
I've reproduced that problem on our test servers and created an issue (internal ID is PMT-2884) to handle such kind of data during migration.

Hey Alexey,
I wanted to ask if there are any News regarding PMT-2884? As with latest Migration Manager I still get "Maildrop 'HOMEDIR/' is not supported by migration agent. Mail content will not be migrated." without patching utils.py.

thx
Andreas

Hello Andreas,

PMT-2884 is about invalid (binary) symbols in contact data, which blocked migration. That issue was fixed in v.1.12 of Plesk Migrator (30 of June 2016).

The issue with maildrop is caused by source server customization. We never seen such issue on other Confixx installations. We were not able to reproduce it on our test lab.
So it has not been resolved yet. The patch is still valid.
How many servers with such configuration do you have?

aahhh - ok - guess I posted a bit too quick yesterday (took first PMT I saw) ... hehe :)
I'm not entirely sure on how may of our Confixx Servers the Mails are configured that way - Will need to check configs.
But as the Patch is Plesk Side - I guess it will work anyway.

thx
Andreas

Back