• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

pop3d chdir Permission denied

H

Herby

Today qmail restarted 2 times (1st time it happens since system is up) and the following logfiles occured afterwards:

Jan 13 11:54:31 business pop3d: chdir "/var/qmail/mailnames/domain/mailbox": Permission denied
Jan 13 11:54:31 business pop3d: IMAP connect from @ [xx.xx.xx.xx]chdir "/var/qmail/mailnames/domain/mailbox": Permission denied

this lasts about 2 hours then all seemed to work normal again. Also it only happened on 1 Customer.
Is there a relation between the restart and the logentries or why did they occure?

Re: Re: Solution

Originally posted by Herby
cheap try to get more users to your forum please ?

no thx

I think you are wrong, I found a mail script on the site of netfusionx.com called qmHandle which best and helped me a lot.I have also joined the forum.Yes, the forum is new but this is a start of it and would take some time to grow.But the posts is the forum are also nice.And "Herby" making a publicity of some thing is not wrong, and cheapest thing is that if some one is helping you dont criticize him, coz you know that you dont know anything and hence you are helpless and searching help on forums.If you thing this is cheap then go ahead and find out the solution on your own.

Thats all.

The only thing I hate is when a newcomber to an existing board (this one) starts their own, and the next thing you see is nothing but posts directing people to the new board, even when the answers already exist on this board.

qmHandle has been discussed many many times in the forums here, you just need to do a search...

Don't get me wrong, I am not against new boards, but IMO he's just trying to steal forum members away from this board. And on top of that, his board has mandatory registration. On a personal level, I strongly disagree with that policy for any board. Just my own opinion.

I totally disagree with this, all we want is solution and if some one is giving us solution then its not bad, though for the solution we have to go to the site, it will do for me.My some major issues of mails were solved by them and I think its not wrong.If they have solution and they provide you link it not wrong.Sorry , but I think its not wrong at all.

Back