• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Postfix does not want to connect

Joey van Venrooij

New Pleskian
I am trying to login with outlook 365 and no matter what I try I cant connect. I have tried all 3 SMTP ports. I have tried domainname and hostname. And I get either ssl_accept error with starttls or I get lost connection after EHLO with ssl/tls. I really cant get it to work. Imap seems to work fine.

Error logs included in the screens
SSL/TLS
Ssl-tls.png
StartTLS
StartTLS.png

Have you tried to run Plesk Repair?

Tools & Settings -> Diagnose & Repair -> Check Mail Server

Btw: did you enable the "New Outlook" option? It can cause problems with the mail servers that don't run MS Exchange.

Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 17.58.12.png

Can you connect to the mail server on the command line and check the certs/TLS versions?

$ openssl s_client -showcerts -connect <hostneme>:465
$ openssl s_client -showcerts -connect <hostneme>:587

Can you connect to the mail server on the command line and check the certs/TLS versions?

$ openssl s_client -showcerts -connect <hostneme>:465
$ openssl s_client -showcerts -connect <hostneme>:587
465.png
Here is the cert data for 465, 587 gives a socket error: bad file descriptor

Back