• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PostgreSQL Backups

clops

Basic Pleskian
I used to be a happy owner of the Plesk Power Pack upgrade which includes PostgreSQL management. But I am no longer happy, as today I have realized that the PostgreSQL Databases are _NOT_ backed up via the standard backup manager. This is a real bummer. Is there any way to get this fixes sometimes soon?

Please disregard this question. It seems to DB backups were made since the backup manager could not read a static file and hence the procedure was terminated every time. Running the server-wide backup procedure as root solved the issue.

I once lost so much client data that was in PostgreSQL database, you see the server had issues and since I had a full backup of the server, I just formated it and restored the backup ...

ONLY to realize the PostgreSQL folder was EMPTY!! There were no dump files as was with MySQL ..

...DO NOT TRUST PLESK PostgreSQL BACKUP PROCEDURES ...

You can easily backup PostgreSQL dbs with a single command such as pg_dumpall | gzip -c > all.dbs.out.gz . You would rather have that cron-ed once in a while just incase history repeats it self ..

Back