• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Power Toys 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I manged to get the installer script to run, however the password revealer does not appear to work with the new 7.5.4

Will there be a new release that is compatible with 7.5.4?

I really like the product and want to continue using it.

Probabbly is some PHP5 incompatibility or again changed the database structure (as usual) ...
Unfortunatelly programmers are out until 10 september ...

... your script is so usefull for us that we do not upgrade our plesk boxes until new PT will be available :)

thanx again to support power toys!

I use password reveal almost every day. So also I will think twice to upgrade :)))
On 2 box I upgraded and now I cannot get passwords until we do not fix the script.

Safe

Hi, I have Plesk 7.5.3. with CentOS 3.4 running with PowerToy's 3.4 Is it save, easy and possible to install PowerToys's 3.6 over 3.4 via the root cmd? Thx!

I installed and uninstalled power toys from my server, and after upgrading my Plesk software I was unable to start the DNS server.

After searching around these forums I discovered that Power Toys write lines to named.conf 9and maybe other files) and this seems to be causing the problems.

I have corrected this now, but is there anything else Power Toys writes to that I need to be aware of and that I can safely remove from my server or its config files?

Asfar as I know PowerToys is not compatible with Plesk 7.5.4.?

I installed it on 753, then un-installed it on 753.

Then a few weeks later I installed 754.....and that when i got the problem.

OK, now I understand, thats not good :( I think I will wait upgrading to 7.5.4 :)

AAAAAARGH!

I need powertoys to work, Just upgraded to 7.5.4, and uninstalled powertowys to attempt reinstalling to see if it was something so simple causing pass revealer to fail. No luck...Same error accrossed the board though:

Could not read the PRODUCT_ROOT_D from /etc/psa/psa.conf

Same problem with all my servers.

ARRRGH, if you read post in this tread, you find the solution.

PLEASE TO ALL, do not uninstall Power Toys to resolv Password Revealer. Is not a reinstall issue, is a PHP5 with register_long_arrays off problem.

If you want to solve the problem until FIX is out, then edit from /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/include/cls_string.php ...

function parse_all()

after line :
global $HTTP_GET_VARS, $HTTP_POST_VARS, $HTTP_CLIENT_IP, $REQUEST_METHOD, $REMOTE_ADDR, $HTTP_PROXY_USER, $HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR;

add:
// PHP5 with register_long_arrays off?
if (!isset($HTTP_POST_VARS) && isset($_POST))
{ $HTTP_POST_VARS = $_POST; $HTTP_GET_VARS = $_GET; $HTTP_SERVER_VARS = $_SERVER; $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS = $_COOKIE; $HTTP_ENV_VARS = $_ENV; $HTTP_POST_FILES = $_FILES;
}

This will fix.

Now about
Could not read the PRODUCT_ROOT_D from /etc/psa/psa.conf

Read how to edit installer.sh,

install_location=`grep PRODUCT_ROOT_D /etc/psa/psa.conf | cut -f 3`

The modified version should be...

install_location=`grep PRODUCT_ROOT_D /etc/psa/psa.conf | cut -f 2`

We are working to see how can we cut off TAB where is double TAB. On some servers there is 1 tab, then work -f 2 on other -f 3 where is 2 TAB.

Hope this help.

Not to be picky, but there are two typos in Ivalics fix for Power Toys and 7.5.4. He has inadvertantly added 2 S's.

If you want to solve the problem until FIX is out, then edit from /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/includes/cls_strings.php

Should be: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/include/cls_string.php

Just a heads up.

one isue to resolve is the named.conf entry is missing the "". Otherwise good stuff....

Hmmm...apparently I did something wrong as right now I have a big, white area where powertoys used to be after attempting the posted fix.

Don't worry Iv, I know you're the man, but apparently I'm not! :)

Any suggestions on what I may have buggered?

Thanks.

Kevin

lvalics - could you re-edit your post to repair the S's issue (for future readers who may not 'see' phoenixisp's post, many don't read the entire thread) - Thanks, I see you're doing it already...

TWGMedia - after applying the fix, did you restart the control panel's apache or psa itself? (I usually reboot the entire server myself) Whether it's logical or not, 'normally not needed' or whatever, we are dealing with Plesk, and the world is not perfect... **** happens, and often :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back