• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Power Toys 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow nothing is happening, I see the process bar at the bottom, but then it stays at around 30% and nothing else

Last version require SSH install.
Use 3.4 for PLSK install, link is on forum.

TX jamesyeeoc :))

We will not support PLESK install. All features since version 3.5 require SSH install, but you can use terminal from PLESK Control Panel.

Upload first the installer.sh from FTP, then go to PLESK, terminal (require to have /bin/sh acess, login, then go to folder where you uploaded file, usually in httpdocs.

shell: cd httpdocs
shell: chmod 777 installer.sh
shell: ./installer.sh

and follow the instructions.

Hello,

I'm using FC2 with Plesk 7.5.3

I tried to install powertoys via plesk (add modules) and via the terminal. both methodes didn't worked for me.

The terminal gives this failure:

Making sure necessary binaries are available...
-> /bin/grep found.
-> /bin/tar found.
-> /usr/bin/gcc NOT FOUND. Aborting.

Thank's,

Did it with yum install gcc. This installed the ggc package.

then I tried to install again powertoys but the next faillure appeared:

[root@pfc2wh plesk]# ./installer.sh

-> /bin/grep found.
-> /bin/tar found.
-> /usr/bin/gcc found.
-> /usr/bin/tr found.
Everything we need is here.
Could not read PRODUCT_ROOT_D from /etc/psa/psa.conf
Aborting installation.

Can you help me again please?

Yes, and now I have more trouble, because my FC2 box doesn't worked anymore after I installed GCC. I'm glad that it's a testbox!! So I restore my ghost-image.

btw. Where can I download that older version of powertoys?

I'll blow you up!!!! =)

How are things going with PowerToys? I had the worst time with the aliasing =( -- it was working for a while and I LOVED how it was integrated .. unfortunately, after a week or so, the changes that casued problems started to cause DNS on my server to be messed up.

I'm really excited to see if PLESK add Aliasing or if the new PowerToys will do it seamlessly! =)

See what named give back as error, this can help you and us to fix it.
Unfortunatelly we are trying to to something what PLESK not really allow, so what we have done is more a trick and is base on this trick :-((

Hi Valics!

I actually wrote a custom script for myself tonight.

The few problems I had with PowerToys included the 'include' statement that was inserted intro named.conf and also PowerToys rewriting the same information multiple times -- I'm not totally sure why I started having problems, but I investigated tonight how this works.

http://www.antiochwebhost.com/alias4psa.bash

This script does the same thing as PSA Powertoys with a little bit of error checking -- plus it will insert a valid SOA date (which PLESK for some reason doesn't do -- according to www.dnsreport.com)

This has been a great learning experience! =)

plus it will insert a valid SOA date (which PLESK for some reason doesn't do
This has been a matter of debate for some time. It's not really 'incorrect' or 'invalid', there are 2 types which are commonly in use. There message is saying that using the YYYYMMDDnn is the 'recommended' way. Either format can be considered acceptable, just not always preferable.

What I have always found to be of utmost interest, if you do a report on plesk.com or swsoft.com, they themselves use the YYYYMMDDnn format, but through multiple versions have left us paying customers stuck without the choice of picking which format we would prefer!!!

We can investigate your script and if is better can we modify it and include in PSA Power Toys?

What I have always found to be of utmost interest, if you do a report on plesk.com or swsoft.com, they themselves use the YYYYMMDDnn format, but through multiple versions have left us paying customers stuck without the choice of picking which format we would prefer!!!

Wow! That's hilarious =) I do think that the idea of 'picking' would be a good idea to integrate into PLESK. That's not a very difficult thing to add.

We can investigate your script and if is better can we modify it and include in PSA Power Toys?

Well, if I'm doing anything correctly that you weren't doing, I'll be surprised =) -- it does essentially the same thing as Plesk PowerToys. Just for some reason, Plesk PowerToys caused RNDC to fail by some sort of glitch.

A few ideas that I had were --

#1) Save all custom DNS files into a separate folder (so that they aren't mixed in with PLESK's DNS files)

#2) Check the status of 'named' after making changes (and restarting named and apachectl).

#3) Only add code to files if the code isn't already there.

--

What I'd like to do and/or see in PowerToys is a separate page that will keep track of which aliases have been created. Shouldn't be too hard if the DNS files are stored in a separate directory (or if a MySQL database is used to parallel alias creating).

I'm wanting to write two more parts to my script - one to view all active aliases, and another to remove.

Hi,

I was sort of doubting if plesk was for me as theres some features i need, and decided to try the power toys but this is what i get:

-> /bin/grep found.
-> /bin/tar found.
-> /usr/bin/gcc found.
-> /usr/bin/tr found.

Checking existance of installation directory...
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3 exists.
Installing:
Extracting data.
x - creating lock directory
x - extracting data.tgz (binary)

Extracting archive to /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3.
Done.

Setting file permissions.
Done.

Setting wrapper.
Done.

Setting DNS named.conf.
/var/named/run-root/include exists.
/var/named/run-root/etc/psaptzone.files does not exist. Creating.
Done.

Adding custom button to web interface.
Done.

Insert/Update into MySQL table.

Is this a fresh install? (y/n)
y
Continuing ...
ERROR 1054 at line 2: Unknown column 'sort_key' in 'field list'

Anyone help?
I have 7.5 on FC2

Originally posted by pesja
[root@pfc2wh plesk]# ./installer.sh

-> /bin/grep found.
-> /bin/tar found.
-> /usr/bin/gcc found.
-> /usr/bin/tr found.
Could not read PRODUCT_ROOT_D from /etc/psa/psa.conf
Aborting installation.
I ran into this problem as well. However, after a bit of research, I found what I needed. In plesk 7.5.3, /etc/psa/psa.conf has PRODUCT_ROOT_D as: /usr/local/psa

In line 107 of the installer.sh (the latest at this point), it has this line:
install_location=`grep PRODUCT_ROOT_D /etc/psa/psa.conf | cut -f 3`

The modified version should be...

install_location=`grep PRODUCT_ROOT_D /etc/psa/psa.conf | cut -f 2`

After changing this value, 3.6 installed fine on my Fedora Core 2, Plesk 7.5.3 test server.

Trying to install it on FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE with plesk 7.5.4, getting the wrapper issue again :)

output:
Code:
sh installer.sh

-> /usr/bin/grep found.
 -> /usr/bin/tar found.
 -> /usr/bin/gcc found.
 -> /usr/bin/tr found.

Checking existance of installation directory...
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3 exists.
Installing:
 Extracting data.
x - creating lock directory
x - extracting data.tgz (binary)

Extracting archive to /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3.
Done.

Setting file permissions.
Done.

Setting wrapper.
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c: In function `is_root_psaadm':
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c:28: syntax error before `char'
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c:32: `gr' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c:32: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c:32: for each function it appears in.)
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c:34: syntax error before `char'
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c:36: `uname' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c:36: `gname' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c: In function `main':
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c:43: syntax error before `int'
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c:47: `n' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c:48: warning: unreachable code at beginning of switch statement
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c:60: syntax error before `int'
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c:61: `i' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/psapt3/wrapper.c:61: `args' undeclared (first use in this function)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back