• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Power Toys 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Is it possible to uninstall or downgrade ? The previsious version was much better for me, I don't need the domain conf features because I do this manually. Where can we download the old versions ?

Regards,
Bart

lvalics - In case nobody ever replied about how to detect Debian (or other distros):

Check for presence of the following files:

/etc/debian_version
/etc/SuSe-release
/etc/mandrake-release
/etc/fedora-release
/etc/redhat-release
/etc/gentoo-release
/etc/slackware-version
/etc/eos-version
/etc/trustix-release
/etc/arch-release

(distro's are obvious from the file names).

For further info, I got these filenames from the
phpsysinfo/includes/os/class.Linux.inc.php
file, but didn't want to post snippets of his actual code without permission.....
Package available at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpsysinfo/

Hope this helps you in determining different distro versions!

i noticed 3.6 is out? ;)

for the next release please try to include ipv6 support... ;)

thx
Sascha

Originally posted by lvalics
because on Debian is bind:bind :-((
We are working on this, but noone told me how can I detect DebiAn ...

cat /etc/debian_version

Originally posted by saschahb
i noticed 3.6 is out? ;)

for the next release please try to include ipv6 support... ;)

thx
Sascha
I believe this was mentioned in an earlier post and lvalics replied that they are not familiar enough with ipv6, but are looking for people who are, to help them out (like coding a module to integrate into psapt)

Well, Domain Aliasing was working very well. I do not know what I did to change the settings, but now I ran into all of the bind/named errors that everyone else is having.

I've fixed the errors, but alas, domain aliasing is not working.

PSA v7.5.3, RedHat 9

/var/named/run-root/etc
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 1279 May 10 12:20 localtime
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 16387 Jul 5 13:24 named.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 16349 Jul 5 02:29 named.safe
-rw-rw-rw- 1 named named 0 Jul 5 13:23 psaptzone.files
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 480 Jan 23 2002 rndc.conf
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 1199 Jun 15 2001 rndc.conf.sample

There is NO /etc/psaptzone.files .. and this psaptzone.files remains at 0 bytes no matter what I do.

--

I really would like a fix for this. If even sponsoring the software would promote expediting this, it would be invaluable.

With a little bit of tweaking I've been able to get the aliases to work (it requires work for each added alias). I'm running FC2 w/ plesk 7.3.5. This certainly isn't a fix to the problem, but I'm hoping it may help a few of you to work around it in the meantime.

Here are the steps:

Create a symbolic link /var/named/run-root/etc/psaptzone.files pointing to /var/named/run-root/include/psaptzone.files (the psaptzone.files file seems to updated here rather than /var/named/run-root/etc/)

(I had more information in here, but my zone files were incorrect and I realized I had created a symbolic link in the wrong place. Creating the one correct symbolic link fixed the problem :rolleyes: )

Ivalics I'd also like to see a working feature in the future, but thanks for at least a great start. This was something I've been wanting to do since I've got the server, but wasn't sure how. Just seeing what files were being changed when I ran the alias feature gave me the information I need. Thanks again.

Sometimes named.conf mess up and not get from /var/named/run-root/.... the files and all stop working. Happens to me once.
Symbolic link solve the problem, but is not a solution, in your cases work.

How our way work?
We added in /etc/named.conf an Include line, which by the way should be Include " " between "" not without, cause this create named not load. I did not figured out yet why not create our script like this. If someone encounter this problem, just add "" at include file.

Now, this include file will host the zones like in named.conf and point to includes/domain.com which will contain details for domain.

I do not say is perfect solution, all sources are open even the wrapper so anyone can comment it. :)

A new feature that I definitely need is the ability to access hosting accounts when the DNS is still not active.

For example as a subdomain of the server's default domain?

or http://XX.XX.XX.XX/mydomain.com/?

can something be done?

the site preview function does not work properly, it will not allow me to login on a postnuke site - it redirects to the plesk default page instead.

plus, I do not want to login to plesk on https and port 8443

lvalics is correct. The 4PSA Total Domains product has the following domain preview feature:

When the View option is enabled for a domain, you will be able to see this domain on the web as a subdomain of the main domain name. For example, let's suppose that the hosting company has the main domain name hostingcompany.com and the client has the domain client.com. Enabling view for client.com will make this domain available at clientcom.hostingcompany.com before domain DNS Zone propagation.

That exactly is the feature I need!

But on the other hand why pay for features that should already be included with plesk?

BTW, did you notice that the vhost configurator in power toys is adding empty lines? this is not important, but annoying.

But on the other hand why pay for features that should already be included with plesk?
Yes, but since it's not there and you want an automated GUI based script to do it, then for now we must pay, or do it by hand.
BTW, did you notice that the vhost configurator in power toys is adding empty lines? this is not important, but annoying.
PT is still a work in progress, but every new release does get better.

Always make backup copies of your vhost.conf and vhost_ssl.conf files on a regular basis! We are all *too* familiar with Plesk overwriting the httpd.conf and .include files, the 4PSA product(s) which deal with domains/subdomains will overwrite the domain's vhost/vhost_ssl files.

I tried to install PowerToys using the "Add Module" feature within Plesk.

Somehow nothing is happening, I see the process bar at the bottom, but then it stays at around 30% and nothing else...

Any idea?

(I am not to literate using SSH, so I'd prefer this way... ;-) )

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
I believe this was mentioned in an earlier post and lvalics replied that they are not familiar enough with ipv6, but are looking for people who are, to help them out (like coding a module to integrate into psapt)

The IPv6 portion isn't the part that'll put him through a loop, in my opinion.. The part that'll take him for a ride will likelky be the PSA database, if he merges that data directly to it, as a modification to the DNS_RECS table (type field) would be required to add the AAAA records (currently used for IPv6).

Course, I've done it, it worked, took me up till I updated for it to break again (gotta love when they re-create their data structure each time you upgrade...)... Course, that was just with my testing, others may have different results. I hope SW-Soft finally reads some of the requests I've sent to them regarding the addition of IPv6 records in the base of the dns addition site. I doubt they will, but you can always hope..ya know?

Yes, hope does spring eternal. Plesk programmers are probably also not up to speed on IPv6, probably the reason they haven't put it in yet.

No comment about upgrading, see my sig...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back