• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PPPM-3655] can't edit DNS with only Manage DNS settings group permission

burnley

Regular Pleskian
Environment:
In Linux servers running Plesk 12.5.30 Update #19 on Centos 5, centos 6 and centos 7.
Note: Haven;t tested plesk 12.5 for windows but tried several linux servers to confirm its not a glitch specific to single server.

To reproduce:
Under Users in plesk panel create a role and give it permission to "Manage DNS settings" only and save. Now create a plesk user assign it to this group. Note: My example user had permissions to see all subscriptions.

Now login to plesk with this user, you can see the DNS settings icon but you will get the following on selecting it;

Error: Access to the location dns-zone/records-list is denied.

To edit the DNS I found you also had to give the user permission to 'Create and manage sites'.

The client only wants to give them permission to edit DNS not all the other permissions that come with create and manage sites.

Expected Result:

You should be able to view/edit DNS for any subscriptions you have access to when "Manage DNS settings" permission is granted for a user, regardless of other permissions. I believe it used to work this way until recently.

Yes, I confirm this bug. We have already submitted it as PPPM-3655 for your reference. We will fix it in one of nearest Plesk updates.

Thanks for confirming, appreciate the quick reply. Hopefully the micro update's not too far off.

I have updated bugreport with your case. Bug has "Blocker" status now.

When do you think the update will be done. WE have the same issue after migration we realize that none of our client can access dns settings.

Thanks

Looks like it shipped Friday 19th so that's not a bad turnaround.

A Plesk user with only the “DNS Management” permission granted could not access DNS settings. (PPPM-3653)

Back